Chapter 4

Rewind and Reception

(Inspired by an episode of HIMYM lmao)

Angie's POV

"Angie! Time for the speech!" Said Peggy giddily. I sighed and chugged my beer, and stepped away from the bar.

I grab my notecards. "Hello everybody! I'm Angie Schuyler, the self-proclaimed cool sister, and also the maid of honor." I said, eliciting some laughs.

"So, a toast, my friends." I said, and raised my glass. "A toast to the groom! To the... other groom! From your friends, who are always by your side." I said, and tried to do a convincing smile.

"To the college where it all started, and the hope that you provide. May you always-" I stopped myself.

"Be satisfied." I said, and set down my glass while everybody cheered.

I quickly ran to the bathroom, and everybody was too wrapped up in John to Alex.

I slammed the door, and sat on the ground. I wiped tears away from my eyes.

This is ridiculous. I should be happy for them! They're my friends. But I love him.

How fucking selfish is that? Crying at my best friends' wedding, all because I still have feelings for one of them? Wow, I guess I really will never be...

Satisfied.

I began to cry again. How pathetic.

"I remember that night I just might. I remember that night I just might. I remember that night I just might." I whispered to myself.

~flash back time motherfuckers~

I walked into the room to see John and Alex kissing. I started screaming. Wow. I didn't... I thought he liked me. All Eliza said was that he was bi and liked someone else... Wow. I dropped my coffee.

They jumped off eachother like they had been burned. "I- I didn't..." I realized that my fave was rather evident of my disappointment, so I quickly squealed.

"Ah!" My voice cracked, I hope it's not too obvious I'm upset. "You're so cute together, let me go get some towels!" I said, and quickly ran to the bathroom.

I just sat down in the stall. I didn't cry or anything. I'm not mad or sad just... disappointed? I really did think he liked me. I leaned next to the stall and just fell asleep.

Somebody knocked on the stall door, jolting me awake.

"Yes? S-sorry I fell asleep. Rough night." I said, collecting myself. I looked at the clock on my phone. 3 AM?

"No, it's Alex. Are you okay?" He said, and I reluctantly opened the stall door for him to come in.

Wait, how did he even get in? If he took out his IV I'm gonna- Wait, stop being protective of him, he DOESN'T love you.

"Angie, are you okay? I'm sorry I'm in the hospital, but it's not your fault." He said, and sat next to me.

"It's just that, I thought somebody liked me, but they don't. I love them, Alexander. It's just like I can... I can..."

"Never be satisfied?" He interrupted. "That's a good way of putting it." I said, and laughed.

"I can never be satisfied." He said, and leaned in. "Is that right?" I said, and as his lips were almost roughing mine I had three thoughts.

1) This will only fuck up our friendship.

2) He's after me because I'm a Schuyler sister. That's the only reason he would love me. Even if that's not the reason, I need to pretend it is. For John.

3) John loves him. John LOVES him. And Alex loves him too. I can't let this happen.

"STOP!" I scream as he's about to kiss me, and he immediately backs up. "I... I'm sorry. I love John too much to do this."

Nice going, Angelica. You'll never be satisfied.

John's POV

"Alright! That's what I'm talking about!" I yelled to Lafayette. It's always good to close the best man speech by making a dick joke.

~2 hours later~

I stumbled over to Alex and kissed him. "I love you..." I managed to mumble.

"John, how much have you had to drink? I'd like for you to actually remember our wedding." Said Alex.

"Relax... Just like... four pints of Sam Adams." I said, and then I managed walked over to where the rest of the meme team.

They kept seeing how drunk I could get, not that I was complaining.

Peggy's POV

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" We shouted at John, then started cheering.

"Alex is gonna...be pissed." He said drunkenly. "Alex Schmalex! Who cares about him?" Said Hercules.

John jolted up and his eyes went wide. "I deeply care about Alex and I am 98.4 percent sure that all of you do too and would be exceedingly upset if something happened." He said, then slumped back down.

"Uh... John? Are you okay?" Asked Angie. He jolted up again, and his eyes went wide.

"In a higher sense, comparing to the average person, I would be quite okay. But I also have slight anxiety issues and past trauma, so not really. Most days, I am okay." He said, and slumped back down.

"Guys... I think he reached the truth stage of drunkness." I said.

John is a pretty strange person when drunk. After one pint, he gets all happy. After two, flirty. Three, stupid. Four, angry. Five, energetic. Six, sad. And... I guess this is seven? He tells the truth?

"Hold on guys, let me test it." Said Lafayette. "Were you the one that told Washington that I wanted him to call me 'Daddy Laffy Taffy' when I'm in class?" He said.

He jolted up. "I did indeed. If you ask me on any other occasion, I would deny it. But I did it, and have neither an ounce of regret or remorse. It was fucking funny." He said, and slumped back down.

"Do you love Alex?" Asked Eliza.

"Yes. With all my heart." He said, and we all 'AWWed.'

"Top or bottom?" I asked, and Lafayette hit me. "You can't ask that?"

"Yeah I can, in fact I have a bet with Sally on it." They all looked at me weird.

"Mostly top." He said, and Herc high-fived him.

~some time later

"7.364 inches." He said. "Okay, he's definitely telling the truth now."

"John, if I was about to get run over, and so was the turtle named after me, who would you save." I asked.

"I would probably go for the turtle, but then live in immediate regret for the rest of my life, wishing I could do it over again. But in all actuality, I'd still probably pick the turtle. Sorry." He said, and I sighed.

"You kinda walked into that one, Peg." Said Angie.

"There you are! I've been looking all over!" Shouted Alex, and he ran over towards us.