Chapter 6

Adventures In Turtle-Sitting

(Fun fact: I just listened to the 21 chump street soundtrack. I honestly haven't cried in like a year, but that broke me man lmao)

John's POV

We were watching a movie in our hotel room when it started raining, and I could see Alex tensing up.

"Hey? Are you okay?" I asked, and pulled him closer.

He laughed. "Pfft. Yeah, of course I'm okay! I'm not some little kid that's scared of a storm anymore John. The hurricane happened, what... Four years ago? I'm over it."

"Alex,-"

"I'm 100% over it. Now, let's watch this movie, okay?" He said, and loosened my arms around him.

Something tells me he's actually not okay...

Peggy's POV

"What does a turtle even eat?" I asked Sally.

She shrugged. "I don't know... Lettuce or some shit?"

I went to call John, but I remembered that Alex said not to call either of them on their honeymoon.

A.K.A He told us not to be cockblocks.

I guess I'll ask the meme team? Somebody's bound to know.

anDPEGGY: the fuck do you feed turtles

Lafgayette: Turtles typically eat a lot of plants that grow in the water, small insects, snails, worms, and even dead marine animals and fish.

HORSEFUCKER: dang my boyfriends smart

CinnamonRoll: ya wtf Laf

SinnamonRoll: dude, he literally just googled it

CinnamonRoll: oh

HORSEFUCKER: oh

I opened the lid to the turtle tank. "Hi, little gu-" I gasped. The worst has happened.

The turtles are missing.

John's POV

The storm was getting worse, and so was Alex. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked, right after he checked the weather for the fourteenth time.

He put on what seemed to be a smile. "Yeah! Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be? You know what, I'm going to prove I'm okay, just so you stop bugging me. I'm going to that one beach thing. Bye!" He said.

"Alex, don't go...At least take an umbrella, Alexander. It looks bad out th-" I protested, but I was interrupted by him slamming the door.

Lafayette's POV

"How the fuck do you lose a turtle?" Angie shouted. "They're as slow as like... a turtle!"

"I don't know! I just looked and they were gone! And- Oh my god John is going to kill me!" She said, pacing around the room.

"Well, he couldn't have walked too far, seeing as he's a fucking turtle." Eliza said.

"Here, let's search the house, he couldn't have possibly escaped." Said Hercules.

Alex's POV

It started to rain harder... Oh my god, is John okay? I mean... I think he is but I don't know, he could be in the middle of the storm!