retro/vintage ; basics

next to the common art hoe the vintage/retro look is very much in and popular with the masses. i was asked to do this one and it's a personal favorite so here's i'm run down on it. (although if y'all want i can go more in detail about this or anything else you want me to cover)

style.

first things first your look, getting that old school feel with how you dress. hand me downs, thrift stores, and up recycling clothes are 100% the goal because it will have that old, vintage, used, retro feel and look that you want for this aesthetic. also getting clothes like this will save you a lot money because preowned things do run cheap. hand me downs are basically free, thrift stores sale usually fashionable clothes for cheap, up cycling clothes is fun and cheap since you take old clothes and turn them int new cute outfits (i do it and i can make a chapter on it if you want-ways to save but be aesthetic will be something i'll write soon), and also garage sales are good places to look too. just remember to always wash the clothes once or twice before warring it- be clean!

there are big name stores that have the vintage look but usually it cost more. and the look will be everywhere like if you shop forever 21 you're going look like everyone else and it won't be as fun. you can still shop there i do once a year but you're going need to think outside the box on mixing and matching clothes. like i learned how rock bell bottoms with a crop top. like don't be basic make a statement. not everything you wear will have to do that but it's good to at least have one show stopper up your sleeve. for the most part i can't tell you how do that because for it to be good and work it has to be personal and unique and very much all your doing. so there's that to think about and work on. no matter the look make it feel like you and have some originality in it otherwise you're going look like everyone else and where's the fun in that?

anyways, getting faded jeans and shirts are totally fitting the look. shirts that have an old school look are a must. maybe it's like an old school or simple design that you can tell as been worn out from over the years which is why hand me downs and thrift stores are such a good idea because you already get that look of it's been worn a lot because it's a good shirt, it's cute jeans. oh! patches are a great idea too. i have so many ideas because this is my vibe. like patches on jeans like if you get preowned jeans they'll rip faster and honestly getting already rip jeans i know is big i like them sometimes you probably like them but honestly just get old jeans wear them a lot do a lot in them they will rip on their own. put patches on them if they're ripped or not or paint on them if you feel good enough because it makes it feel real and like you own it. it's personal and unique. one of a kind. and that means everything.

patches on jean purses (which you can make) are also super cute and stylish. pins are good for jean jackets too. like jean jackets are big for vintage. denim in general really. here's a few different cool examples of that vintage/retro look that everyone seems to love:

 here's a few different cool examples of that vintage/retro look that everyone seems to love: