45. Welcome to the Family

Amelia rested her head on John's shoulder as he held her close to him, his arms wrapped around her waist. She couldn't believe that this was happening, she couldn't believe were she was right now. She never planned on walking into Hope County, then she never thought that she would fall for the sadist baptist of Holland Valley, and she never thought that they could be so happy together. If somebody told Amelia that John Seed would propose to her, after they sat through Joseph Seed's sermon together, and that she would say 'yes', she would have laughed in their face.

John held her against him tightly but comfortably, like he was afraid of letting her go. It all seemed to good to be true, she had said 'yes'. Amelia wanted to marry him, she wanted to spend the rest of her live with him, she wanted a life and a future with him. He always assumed that he would be alone, he had spent most of his life alone and thought that his future would be no different, he couldn't have been more pleased to have been wrong. He knew that the deputy was different from everyone else as soon as she stepped through the doors of his brother's church. She was brighter than everyone else, kinder and stronger. Of course she was the only one who could understand him, the only one who could forgive him, the only one who could love him despite his past and current actions.

John placed his hands on her hips and pushed her away slightly, causing Amelia to look up at him with a smile, her hands placed gently on his shoulder. He lent down to kiss her one last time before taking her hand in his, taking their time as they walked back through the gardens. "It all makes sense now. The secrecy of the sermon, the importance of it, why you wanted me to dress up, the conversation I had with Jacob, and the subject of the sermon. In hindsight, you all couldn't have been more obvious" Amelia joked, walking towards the exit of the gardens with John.

"And yet, you still weren't aware of what was happening" John smirked, pretty proud of himself that he managed to catch her completely by surprise.

"So you made Jacob give me his approval and then had Joseph give a sermon about devotion?" she asked, a little amused by the baptist.

"I never made Jacob do anything, he approves of you whether he shows it or not. Joseph and I agreed that such a sermon would be appropriate" he told her truthfully. "Anyway, I think that we should return to the church, they will want to know how you answered my question" John smiled down at her.

"Do you think that they thought that I might've said 'no'?" Amelia asked, as they stopped in front of the church.

"All three of them were confident that you would say 'yes', my brothers were the ones who gave me the confidence to ask in the first place" he informed her as they stood out side of the church door. "You do realise that if you marry me, you will become a Seed, that you will be part of the family that you once swore to destroy?" he asked, cupping her face gently. He didn't want her to regret this in anyway.

"I know that John. I love you. Even though your family have done awful things, I have to admit that they aren't as awful as I thought. I would happily marry into this family if I meant that I got to marry you" Amelia smiled up at John, assuring him that she knew what this meant and that she wanted this.

John smiled before taking her hand in his again and walking her into the church, they walked up to the front of the church, towards the rest of the Seed family. They all glanced between each other before looking at John and Amelia. John simply nodded and smiled at them, Faith and Joseph suddenly had large smiles on their faces, and Amelia could've swore that she saw Jacob smile just the tiniest bit.

Joseph approached them both, his arms stretched out to them. "I am so happy, for the both of you" he smiled as he placed on hand on John's shoulder and his other on Amelia's shoulder.

"Thank you brother" John smiled, nodding at his brother.

"Come on Deputy, let me see the ring. John would only show Joseph" Faith smiled and hurried over to them, taking Amelia's hand in both of hers. She touched her fingers against the ring and her smile grew. "It's beautiful" she gushed as she admired the ring.

"It is, isn't it? John chose it himself, he said that it was the only ring that you deserved" Joseph nodded, dropping his hands from their shoulders and taking Amelia's ring hand in his own to examine the ring. "It looks even better out of the box" he smiled at his younger brother, who just nodded back at him with a smile.

Jacob approached the others and glanced at the ring, he wasn't exactly interested in it though. He looked between his youngest brother and his wife-to-be, he felt a strange sense of pride, he was proud of John. Proud that he had found somebody to love and to love him back, somebody who understood and accepted him. Joseph felt the same pride for John, he knew that his little brother was capable of some much love and he was so glad that he had found somebody to share that love with. To share his life with. "Congratulations, to the both of you" Jacob nodded at him.

"Welcome to the family, Deputy" Joseph smiled down at the deputy.

"My name is Amelia" the deputy informed them, they all looked at her with shocked expressions, even John. "I think that it's only right that you know my name, I'm going to be a part of the family after all" she shrugged and John squeezed her hand, more than happy that she has allowed his family to refer to her by her name.

"Well then. Welcome to the family, Amelia" Joseph smiled again, this time a little brighter.

I'm sure that most had you have figured out that this story is coming to an end, I will be writing an epilogue for this story. I want to know what you might like to be included and if you have and suggestions??? :)