11. You'll Come Back

The next morning, Amelia woke up actually smiling to herself. No matter how insane John was, he was right. They helped each other. That was the first decent sleep that Amelia has had since she landed in Hope County. As she woke up and her senses came back to her, she heard the sound of soft snores and the sounds of the birds coming from outside. She saw the light coming in from the window and reflecting off of the mirror. Most importantly, she felt the arm wrapped around her midsection and the firm chest pressed against her back. She already knew exactly who it was but couldn't bring herself to believe it. The mighty John Seed had rolled over and cuddled her as he slept. Much to her disliking, the sensation actually brought a smile to her face and a deep blush on her cheeks.

Amelia pretended to still be asleep when she felt the figure beside her stirring. She felt cold when the arm around her waist pulled away and John rolled over on to his back. She was about to move or act as if she was just waking up but then she felt his fingertips brush against the back of her neck. As he pulled his hand hand away, sitting up and sitting on the edge of the bed, Amelia pretended to just wake up. She sat up and looked over at John's bare back.

She shifted, catching John's attention. He turned and looked at her with an unreadable expression, she knew that he wouldn't want to mention the events of last night. Amelia just stared back at him, her gaze meeting his deep blue eyes, waiting for him to say or do something. Anything. "Have a shower, get dressed, meet me downstairs" John ordered before standing up and grabbing some clothes from his closet. "Now" John ordered again when he turned and saw that she was still sitting on the bed.

Amelia nodded before climbing off of the bed and leaving the room, walking into the guest room. She showered in the ensuite before getting dressed into some of the clothes that John had bought her. After getting dressed she dried her hair and hesitantly walked down the stairs, not knowing what John had planned for her.

She looked at him with a confused expression when she saw John standing by the front door with his hands his back. "What's going on?" Rook asked carefully as she approached him, he seemed strangely calm.

Once Amelia was standing in front of him, John looked down at her blankly. "I know that you felt it in the church, I saw it in your eyes, there is something different about you. But I have to make sure, I have to be certain. You are free to leave" he told her as if it meant nothing.

"You are letting me go?" Amelia asked with wide eyes, why would he do that?

"Yes. But you will come back, I know you will. You will come back to me" he smirked, a certain possessiveness in his eyes and he brushed his fingers through her short hair.

"How can you be so sure?" She raised an eyebrow, a smirk forming on her own lips.

"I just am, you will feel it too. Just don't leave Holland Valley, I can't risk having one of my siblings capturing you" John warned her. He sounded as if he was joking slightly but Amelia could see the seriousness and the unfamiliar concern in his eyes.

"You are seriously just letting me leave?" She asked again, still in disbelief.

"Only because I know that you come back to me, dear deputy" John caressed her neck, digging his fingers in ever so slightly. Not applying enough pressure to hurt her but she knew that hurting her wasn't his intention. Not this time.

Amelia just nodded before walking towards the door, as she reached for the door handle John caught her wrist in his hand. "Hold on" he ordered and turned her to face him again.

John pulled his other hand out from behind his back and revealed the grey beanie that she was wearing when he captured her, but it had been washed. He handed it to her and she smiled slightly before pulling the beanie over her head, tucking her hair into it. "I will see you soon Amelia" John assured her, sending shivers up her spine.

John placed both of his hands on either side of her neck before bringing his lips down to meet hers. To Amelia's surprise, she returned the kiss. John stepped away from her and allowed her to walk out of the door. Amelia met his gaze one last time before walking out of the ranch, thankfully the cultists allowed her to leave the ranch.

Amelia just kept walking, ignoring the glares from the passing cultists. Once she made it off of the ranch, she walked down the road until a passing car pulled up to her. "Deputy?" The man asked. "We thought that you were dead! Do you need a lift? I'm heading to Falls End now" he smiled at her.

"Sure, thanks" she nodded at him before climbing into the passenger seat.

Once they pulled up into Falls End, Amelia thanked the driver before climbing out of the car. The car drove away and Amelia headed straight to the bar, needing a drink and deciding that she should let Mary May know that she is alive.

The deputy walked into the bar and instantly got the attention of the few people in there. "Deputy!" Mary May called from the bar before walking around and hurrying over to Rook. "We thought you were dead, I'm so glad that you are alright" she smiled and handed the woman a bottle of beer.

"Thanks, I need a drink right now" Amelia laughed and took a sip from the beer.

"Seriously, everyone will be so happy to hear that you are alive because we need your help..." Mary May told her and the deputy's face fell before forcing a smile. Always happy to help...right?

She didn't focus on Mary May's voice, instead Amelia thought about John words from earlier. "You will come back to me" At first Amelia wanted to laugh at him, ask him why on earth she would ever return to him. But now...she wondered whether she really wanted to return to the resistance...

A Faith Seed X male OC is up now! It will probably have a slower uploading schedule then this story.

I am also working on a Joseph Seed story and a Sharky story, anyone interested?