I’m so excited! And I just can’t hide it

I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!

*                            *                                 *                                 *                            *

The next morning I woke up fairly early and had time to kill before Hope would be here; I let my mind wander towards the four things today would bring. Number one; Picture poking. Time for the one on one match between kitty and me…and fluff ball I don’t feel like playing nice.

Two; learning to walk again. If Bambi can do it, so can I!

Three; I’d be going back to Hogwarts! Ever since Dumbledory mentioned danger at Hogwarts, the protective pull I felt towards Harry had been appearing more often which worried me. My movement also meant that I’d be leaving Hope who had become a good friend to me. I’ll write to her! I promised myself.

Four; FLYING! I get to learn how to fly a broom! How freaking amazing is that?! Not only that but I’ll be flying with…ALBY JESUS! Yes, the bearded man himself. A picture of Dumbledory on a broom flying like a ninja through the night made its way to the front of my mind. Alby flew close to his broom like a man possessed; his piercing gaze focused firmly forward as they looked over his glasses, his beard swept over his shoulders by the wind, his pointy hat kidnapped by the night but he didn’t care, the Jesus man was on a mission-

“Ah good, you’re awake!” Hope’s voice interrupted my vision as she entered the room. My Jesus vision will have to wait. After having my injuries checked, been washed, dressed and eaten my breakfast, we tried my first attempt at standing… which went badly; I ended up falling back into Hope’s safe guarding arms.

“I don’t expect you to get this straight away Robyn. Your muscles won’t be used to either your weight or the exercise you’re demanding from them, so we’ll try having you stand for 5minutes and then sit for 5. Once you can stand we’ll try the same with small steps and gradually increase them. Think you can manage?” The professional but friendly manner Hope spoke in had me wondering how long she’d been a healer.

“Hope?” I asked as she carefully stood me up again.

My legs felt a bit like jelly; very wobbly and bouncy. Mistress and I made a jelly once; I remembered the way it fascinated me. The funny way it would wobble if you touched it never failed to make me giggle. My fascination with jelly seemed to intrigue Mistress but in the end she laughed with me as we both watched it jiggle like it was dancing.

When Mistress suggested eating it I nearly cried but she promised we’d make another one, so on those terms, I agreed only to discover eating it was just as much fun eating as watching it wobble; putting some jelly in my mouth, I’d shake my head a little and then feel it tickle my tongue as it danced around in my mouth. We never did get to make another one since Mistress’s illness made an untimely appearance days afterwards. Jelly had remained my favourite treat ever since.

“Hope?” she questioned disrupting my memories. It took me a minute before I remembered what we were talking about. “Is that you’re nickname for me?” she guessed, I nodded smiling. “I see. Yes Robyn?”

“Have you always been a healer?” she hesitated thinking about it.

“It’s the only thing I’ve done since leaving school so yes I suppose so.” She replied as she sat me down again. “It’s the only thing I’ve ever wanted to be.” She added thoughtfully as well as answering my next question.

“How come?” My curiosity asked becoming more interested.

“Well my mother was a healer and my grandmother was also a healer so that inspired me at first; then when I took the training I found I enjoyed helping people. Making people better, seeing the look on theirs and their families faces when they’re better and knowing I’ve brought about that kind of happiness; it’s a gratifying feeling and very rewarding.” Her voice softened as she spoke. “Now slowly start taking small steps with me.”

My legs began to feel very numb and stiff. Hope had one of my arms around her shoulder while using her right arm, placed around my waist, to help me lean on her. We were doing quiet well until pins and needles shot from my feet all the way up my legs requiring me to stop.

“How do your legs feel?” asked Hope as she lowered my back down to sit on my bed.

“I have pins and needles shooting up my legs.” I said frowning. It wasn’t painful since I’d endured much worse but it wasn’t comfortable either.

“Good, it means your muscles are adjusting to the directional change in blood circulation.” Said Hope noting it down on the clipboard kept at the end of my bed. We carried on with my walking exercises, pins and needles or not, and by the time Dumbleory arrived I could walk a reasonable distant with Hope’s help.

“Good afternoon.” Dumbledory greeted cheerfully as Hope finished doing some last minute checks on my health and weight. “Are we ready to go?” Dumbledore asked taking in the scene.

Summoning my little black bag, I nodded eagerly with a grin. For a moment his gaze lingered on my bag before looking at Hope with a questioning expression, her answering nod made him smile. “Very good, now Robyn please put this on and we shall make our way to the roof, where a colleague of mine will be waiting for us.” He said handing me a long black traveling cloak, which Hope helped me into. As we were about to leave I suddenly remembered my picture-poking mission.

“Wait a moment please.” I said as I walked slowly over to the kitten’s picture. Kitty was awake and locked eyes with me as I reached its eye level when an odd thing happened…I found myself looking into its small, innocent mind and realizing something; it was trying to taunt me at all, it just wanted some attention from someone. Aww…poking time!

At first I just poked the top of the picture and I swear the kitten frowned, then jumped onto the wall to hold itself up as it tried to reach my hand. “Maybe your not evil like I first thought.” I muttered thoughtfully.

Feeling a little evil, I teased it a little more for payback before finally running my fingertips along its back; the kitten began purring gently as it stretched itself out under my touch. Wait… does this mean moving pictures can feel it when you poke them?

To the side of me, someone cleared their throat reminding me of their presence; standing up straight I turned to face them with a frown on my face. “Professor?” Jesus will know…

“Yes Robyn?” he asked with a politely amused expression.

“Moving pictures…Can they feel it when you touch them?” I asked curiosity burning in my question. Though my expression showed mild interest, when I caught Alby’s eye briefly I found him wondering why my eye colour had changed; whether he’d seen it right it or if it was the lighting. I quickly diverted my gaze.

“To some extent I believe so. Although I would imagine its like living in a fish bowl in some ways…” he pursed his lips in thought before turning serious again. “Are you ready to go now?” I nodded smiling and with one last stroke of the kitty, I greeted Hope’s waiting support.

Aghhhhhhh! I’m actually leaving for Hogwarts. Woah! Big change. Dumbledory lead the way as we took a lift up to the roof; he went slowly for my sake, however when we stepped out of the lift I froze as something dawned on me.

“Erm professor, I’ve erm…never ridden a broom before.” I said sheepishly. I’ve been made to clean the floor with one but I doubt that’s going to help! Keep calm Robyn; it’s fly or die situation so you got a 50/50 chance. Wow I’m so supportive.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! hope you enjoy that :) COMMENT and VOTE! please cause I LOVE hearing from you! :D

Dedicated  to LozziBabey because everyone loves the BESTFRIEND! :D