Facing Fire

heyya guys :) so I'm gonna ask for 8 votes on this before I upload the next chapter and thats because the next chapter isnt coming together like I want it to so I'm hoping this will give me time so yeah!

8 votes for the next chapter

Enjoy! :P xx

thankyouu love youu all! LLAMA LOVE :D xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shock took over me for a second but only for a second as my survival instincts took over after that. Coughing heavily, I pulled my t-shirt over my mouth and ran to the front door; jumping over the dead body as I went. Pulling once, then again, I tried to open the front door but it was useless. It had been locked. Coughing more violently, I turned around looking for any possible escape routes.

Climbing up the stairs, to escape out of a window would have been impossible since the stairs were collapsing. Crack. Dodging out of the way, I managed to move just quickly enough to avoid becoming fried food by a falling wooden beam. Racing to the kitchen, I look around for the heaviest thing I would be able to throw and that wasn’t on fire.

Trying to remain calm; I picked up the metal kettle and threw it in the direction of the window. My eyes had started to water and blur which didn’t help. Not hearing the window smash, I picked up several more random objects and threw them but still the window didn’t break.

Panic rose in my dry, hoarse throat. None of the spells I could think of would break a window but it was worth a try. Throwing my arm in front of me, like I would if I had a wand, pointing at the window “Bombarda” I shout.

At last I heard the window smash, I didn’t care that a hail storm of glass may have just cut every inch of visible skin. Not hesitating a second longer, I threw my bag out the window to land on the ground below. Following after it, I leapt onto the counter; burning my hands in the process, then flung myself out the window. Pain shot threw my legs as I landed but I didn’t care. I escaped with my life.

Lying on the grass for a minute; I look up to the starlit sky, watching the stars. It was truly beautiful. Only once did my gaze fall towards the burning house; undecided whether I felt glad that it was burning and I would never have to return again or slightly sad that the house I had grown up in was now in flames. Glad, definitely glad.

One thing of which I was certain about; what happened in that house, under it's roof, as far as I was concerned could burn with it. Never, under any circumstances, unless essentially necessary, would I reveal to anyone what went on in that house. Planning on not ever having to say anything about where I came from, though if it did come to question I would just hide it or lie about it.

Looking up to the sky once more, trying to memorize the beauty of it; I try to stand up only to nearly collapse again under the pain of my injuries. Studying my injuries carefully, taking in every red raw burn, fresh bruise and other new found pains. First thing first, muttering “Healio” I repaired the burns and cuts temporary as best I could; as for the bruises, I close my eyes and pictured them disappearing like I had when I was in the hospital wing of that school. When I felt pleased with my success, I picked up my bag pulled out a black jacket I had found the other day, slipped my arms through it and put the hood up.

Walking carefully over to the neighbor’s fence, very aware of the hidden throbbing aches and pains all over. Throwing my bag over, I hitched myself up and over the fence and landed silently on the grass on the other side.

Picking up my bag, I made my way over to the gate, which I slid open, cautious of any sound it would make. Looking left and right to check no one could see me I crept onto the street. In the distance sirens could be heard but I paid no attention to them and carried on walking. As much as I didn’t like turning my back on things, I felt relieved to have my back turned on my past. And that was exactly what that house was to me now. My past.

Carrying on walking, though I knew I had nowhere to go, I would just have to find an alley or bus shelter or something to sleep in; just something that could keep me sheltered from any bad weather. Other problems I would just have to deal with when they came but for now I felt nothing but relief. I was free.

Free from him, free from that house, free to start afresh and become who I really am. No longer would I be the cowering little servant, scared out of her mind; I would be strong, independent and not dwell on the past. Maybe I could even make friends, find people who really cared about me and who I could care for in return.

Now that I had nothing to stop me, I could find out who wrote the letter which was left with me when I was just a baby. Maybe even try and find that Hogwarts place; thank them for everything they did for me- a complete stranger. It would be a;

New life. New beginning. New me. 

With a sigh I looked straight ahead and walked into the night to start my new start. Wow already I’m not making sense. Good one Robyn…OH WELL…who cares? I don’t. And now I’m talking to myself… this is going to be interesting…