Mysteries

hello my restless readers :) im sorry for the wait i had exams and still have moree to come :/ but yeah found time to upload this, cause i love you all :D anyway heres the next chapter! as always i love ur COMMENTs and VOTEs thankyou :D xx

Dedicated to kfmaus because as my wattpad BFFL i promised her this upload :)

ENJOY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving the next morning, Professor Dumbledore headed towards the ward in which Robyn was being cared for, as he had done so many times since first finding her here. When Professor Snape had first told Dumbledore that the girl, which he had been looking for had suddenly appeared again, he felt a mix of relief and curiosity. Even Professor Snape had expressed some concern as he had told Dumbledore of the girl's appearing to be injured and bleeding; not only that but more extraordinarily that she could speak parsaltounge like Harry, this intriguing Dumbledore even more.

Finding Robyn hadn't been difficult after receiving that information from Snape; there weren't many places a young girl who had been injured and was badly bleeding could go though there was the possibility that Robyn could have disappeared again, Dumbledore felt sure he would find her. It hadn't taken long before Dumbledore had managed to derive from the healers the information he needed; that they did in fact have the girl he'd been looking for as well as which ward and room she had been put in.

Passing the desk on his way, he smiled at the receptionist; Dumbledore now being such a frequent visitor, his visits could almost be estimated. Upon reaching Robyn's room, Dumbledore was greeted by the healer caring and managing Robyn's recovery.

"Ah good morning Professor Dumbledore, I've been waiting for you. Unfortunately you shall have to wait quite awhile until you can see Robyn today; you see, she's only just got to sleep" spoke the healer frowning. Dumbledore could see that there was more he was to find out. "Take a walk with me Professor, I have some things I wish to discuss"

"Of course" Dumbledore smiled as they both turned and started a slow walk down the corridor, neither speaking until finally they both took a seat at a bench near the end of the corridor. Dumbledore waited patiently for the healer to begin.

"Does Robyn have any guardians?" asked the healer.

"Unknown to Robyn herself, she does in fact have a Godfather. I spoke with him, some weeks ago and he has given me full permission to act on his behalf at present" replied Dumbledore also answering another of the questions he knew the healer would ask.

"Very good" nodded the healer before turning to him with perfect seriousness and worry covering her every feature and beginning the subject, which Dumbledore knew to be the real cause of the matter.

"Professor I must admit, though I have never expressed this in front of Robyn, it has been worrying me very much indeed how Robyn came to have the injuries she has. No child I have ever met with until now has endured such cruelty as this and lived! The lack of food in her body alone, when she arrived, should have killed her; the stab wound though, luckily, not fatal would also in a matter of a few hours killed her had she not so suddenly appeared in our lobby. How on earth her body has survived such brutality I have not a hope of understanding!"

Dumbledore looked into the tired eyes of the healer and reading her mind, saw that this was only the tip of the iceberg, with much more to be expressed. "I have asked Robyn about her injuries many times but every time she has avoided the subject; this question I shall now put to you professor, do you know how Robyn came to be in the state she is?"

"I do not. I have pursued the subject myself and have also been unsuccessful; it is a subject with Robyn that I believe she treats with much care and caution" said Dumbledore, who had been most intrigued when on many occasion, he had tried to access Robyn's mind through he skills as a legilimense and watched as Robyn avoided his gaze as if knowing his intent. On the rare occasions when Robyn did look at him directly, he had been surprised to find that her mind was sealed very tightly and couldn't be pried into or invaded.

The more the Professor saw of Robyn, the more of a mystery she became but there was one thing Dumbledore was absolutely sure had to be done and that was that Robyn, in time, became a student of Hogwarts. Robyn may not have known how good a witch she was or if she was a witch at all but she was indeed extraordinarily powerful for her age.

"Indeed! There is another matter, which recently we have become aware of and must be discussed with you as acting guardian at present" continued the healer.

"Of course, proceed," pressed Dumbledore.

"Last night when it came time for Robyn to sleep, she began to object, which since it was nothing new (as she has objected before) we did not really consider it. However halfway through the night when a fellow healer was performing the nightly rounds of the patients, she passed Robyn's room only to double back; she thought Robyn was having some sort of fit or something. She called me instantly of course, as I am in charge of Robyn's care and when I arrived I thought the same. We woke Robyn up and believe me! She was very hard to calm down; she kept shaking and repeating 'He won't ever leave me alone!' does this mean anything to you?" turned the healer to Dumbledore, wondering if he knew anything about it.

"No indeed not" came Dumbledore's reply.

"It turned out that it had just been a nightmare; she wouldn't answer any questions we asked about it, however Robyn did beg that we do something to stop her from going to sleep. We disagreed but we insisted she take a dreamless sleep potion from now, with that she has complied. Professor would you advise our good friend Madame Pompfry that Robyn is also to receive this potion when she goes to Hogwarts" pressed the healer in a compassionate tone.

"But of course. I take it the potion was administered not long ago?" asked Dumbledore assuming this was the reason for his visit having to be prolonged.

"Yes, as I said before, it took some time to calm Robyn down. Professor I have one more thing, if you don't mind?" she asked leaning slightly closer with a frown on her face. Taking Dumbledore's silence as a confirmation, she continued "Do you know what happened to Robyn for her to go through so much?" asked the healer, who had locked eyes with Dumbledore.

"No I'm afraid I don't. I do intend to pursue the subject but will not push Robyn into telling me if she does not wish to share it; I would imagine that she has her reasons for keeping it to herself. Now is that all?" asked Dumbledore rising from his seat.

"Yes professor, I appreciate your time, thank you," said the healer also rising from her seat. Smiling though curiosity and worry still lay marked in the healers features, they shook hands before both turning and began walking back; stopping outside the door to Robyn's room.

"I shall be back later to check on Robyn. Good day Professor" with that and a last smile from each, the healer left. Dumbledore turned to enter the room but paused at the door, looking through the window at Robyn sleeping; one main thought repeating itself to him. What and why did Robyn have so much to hide?