Chapter 17: H2O2

A/N: My folx, we've hit 10K views! So, as promised, here's the next chapter.  I don't know when the next will be posted. If y'all have any suggestions of milestones (views, votes, comments, followers, idk) or any other thing to hit for the next update, make a suggestion via inline comment here. 

Adam's POV:

I can't believe he did that. I can't believe he fucking did that! I trusted him... 

What about me does Raiden hate so much? Why can't he appreciate all I've done for him to keep him safe? Maybe I should take Thomas up on his offer. I certainly don't know how to control him, and anything he could give me would definitely be appreciated. 

Back downstairs, the blood has stayed completely in the kitchen. It'll make it so much easier to clean up. Mom is still a couple of minutes away, so I gather a pair of disposable gloves, a sponge, a bucket, and a couple other cleaning products and get to work. 

After marking where all the blood pools are, I dip the sponge into the cool soapy water and wring it out as much as I can. I start with the smaller drips, saving the bigger mess for later. 

Mom walks in with one bag and sets it on the table. One look at the floor has her nodding with a raised eyebrow. "What did he do?" 

"I let him out of my sight for two seconds when I went to respond to your text, and he tried to get out through the garage. I thought we were really getting somewhere..." 

"It's normal, hun. He just needs more time." 

"More time, more time. How much more time, Mom?" 

She steps carefully around the biggest puddle and ruffles my hair. "You'll see when it happens. It's not sudden, so just keep at it." 

As I clean up the rest of the mess, she just leans against the counter and watches. "Can I get some help, please?" 

"No. You have to learn how to do this on your own." 

I audibly sigh to show my exasperation, but she's right. 

"How bad is he hurt?" 

"He's in pain, but that's all." The floor looks spotless, so I stand up and take the bloody bucket water and pour it down the drain. The bucket is set aside to be washed out later, but the sponge goes straight into a new trash bag. Along with it come my gloves and the clothes I'm wearing as soon as I've changed out of them and into new, clean clothes and gloves. 

From the bag on the table, I take out a dust mask and place it over my face before grabbing the scrubbing brush and hydrogen peroxide. As I drizzle the peroxide over the floor in the places I marked had blood, Mom jumps up to sit on the counter to watch me. Once everything is covered, I set the bottle back on the table and kneel down, scouring everything with the brush thoroughly. Once everything is scrubbed down, I wipe up the remaining liquid with a rag. Everything else goes in the bag too. 

I take the bucket and knife into the bathroom to clean after I help Mom with the groceries she left in the car. 

~~~ 

Hours later, everything is spotless and inconspicuous. Everything that needs to be burned is in the garbage bag except for the clothes Raiden is wearing. 

Everything else is dealt with and several hours have already passed, but I don't want to see him. Still, I can't put it off for too long. This all needs to be burned, but we can't start a fire in our neighborhood. As much as she hates excessive driving, Mom agreed to take it to someone we trust who can get rid of it for us safely.