FORTY-TWO

WE ARE CHANGED, AND WE ARE BETTER FOR IT

The two children excitedly grabbed the large knife, and with the help of their favourite aunt, Sora and George Weasley cut into the two tier green and yellow cake with three candles for each of them stick into it. Penelope smiled wickedly for the camera before she smeared frosting onto the faces of the twins after she'd carefully set the knife down.

"Mum!" George wailed. "Aunt Penny is being mean again!"

Sora giggled as she looked at her frosted brother. George pouted before wiping the icing from his face and smearing it on his sister's.

Ginny smiled as she watched them from her seat. "Cake?" Hermione asked as she sat down next to the redhead.

"Do I look like I want cake?"

"Gin, you asked for a slice two seconds ago."

"Oh. Yeah, I forgot. Give it here, please."

Hermione wearily handed the paper plate over. "Ginny, you can't use your stomach as a table."

"I did it with James and I'm going to do it with this one too."

"I wish I thought of that with Phoebe," Hannah said as she joined the pair. "Eating in bed was so much easier with August."

"You can't use your unborn children as tables."

"Watch us," Fleur said as she approached.

"Much as I appreciate the support, Fleur, but you're only three months down. You can barely use your child as an excuse to get out of skinny dresses."

Fleur smiled. "Ah, but this is my third. I think I've earned the right to permanently be in your little club."

Ginny shrugged. "Fair point, I'll give you that. How's Dominique doing?"

"She is with Bill. He's gotten better with children after Victoíre. Are you expecting a boy or a girl?"

"Mum is convinced it's a girl, but I'm pretty sure it's a boy."

"Why?" Hermione asked.

"Because she's always pissed off," Hannah said. "Only boys can make the Grand Feminist Ginny Potter tremble in anger."

Hermione laughed, remembering when Ginny had earned herself that title. The red haired witch glared at Hannah. "I thought we agreed to never bring that one incident up ever again, Great Muggle Lover Hannah Longbottom."

"Okay, that's not fair. The guy deserved it, he was talking about eradicating muggles."

"My victim was pretty deserving too. If you recall, he thought I was a cheerleader for the opposing team."

"Do they do this often?" Fleur asked.

"Often enough."

The French witch nodded slowly. "I prefer the Egyptians."

Hermione smiled. "I hear Victoíre has made some friends?"

Fleur nodded. "Bill and I have agreed that she could do with primary education and so we enrolled her at the informal classes on the campsite for the children of the campers. She's doing pretty well for her age."

"Well, they say a child gets their intelligence from their mother."

"I am flattered, Hermione. Really, you're too much."

Hermione smiled as she stared at her great big family. Despite the war claiming so many lives, her family had only grown, and for that, she was grateful.