Chapter VI

Chapter Six

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey......Munchkin?"Joey said.

"Don't call me that."I hissed. It's as if every word he said brings back all those perfect memories.

"What did we miss ?"Caden asked.

"Nothing"I said eyeing Maddie. She's the only person I've ever talked to about my personal life,other then Joey.

"Do you know Joey too ?"Travis asked looking at me carefully.

"Not really."I said and Joey just shook his head.

"I get it, ay bro this one."Caden said pointing at me."Doesn't like nicknames."

"Stell can you come with me to the mall?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah sure."I replied quickly and went to grab my phone.

Travis glared at me as I left behind Maddie.

"What the heck"Maddie said.

"Tell me about it."I sighed."What is he doing here."

You are probably confused why we acted weird around Joey.Well long story short Joey was my best friend,way before I knew Maddie.I loved him so much,not in that way of course he was like family too me.I trusted him with my life,but you already know what happened there. He fucked me over just like they all did.

He embarrassed me in front of the whole school and after that he tried to act like nothing happened.And for what? You may ask,just to impress his little friends.That moment I need him the most.I wasn't as hurt for what he said.I was more hurt because he broke his promise, always be there for you.

That same day I found out that my parents were getting divorced.It was too much to handle.

Ever since then I didn't talk to him,he moved later on.I convinced my mom to move me schools because I didn't want to be around toxic people.I met Maddie months before the whole situation with Joey started and I've talked about him to her.She went to different schools then us so I eventually moved with her.Maddie met him a couple of times when she would go over my house.

"Hopefully the guys don't find out."She utters unlocking her apartment.

Her apartment was similar to Travis and I's.It was a nice color of light brown almost nude,some of it was darker making a nice design.They had a small L shape couch in the middle of the room,that matched the gray love chair. The kitchen was smaller due to the fact that her living room was much bigger.Lastly they had a bright lamp close to the ac in the corner.

"Too late for that"I mumbled.

"What?"

"You asked if I could go to the mall with you-"

"Yeah so?" She interrupted me.

"Okay I haven't told you but..."

"What did you do?"Maddie asked.

"It's a long story"I said sitting down on the couch.

"Trust me ,I have all day"She glares.

"Okay So basically Travis is making me do dares."

"Why?"Once again she interrupted me.

"Because He said I'm a goody two shoes and I had to prove him wrong so I accepted."

"But you are"She chuckled.

"Whatever."I rolled my eyes."Well one time he took me to the mall and dared me to mess around with the security stuff and I got caught." I said.