[05]

Blue left the cave after telling Ash she would be right back. Her scanned the area, looking for a lower tree that she could cut from.

Once she located one, she sawed a decent amount of branches, taking them back with her.

She picked up a few rocks on the way as well. She placed all her materials into the cave and went back out to bring in some dirt.

She was making a small fire for them both, just until morning and then they'd be on their way to wherever.

She placed the rocks around the dirt and set up her sticks. She rubbed two more rocks together until it sparked and a fire started.

She scooted away and leaned against the wall, a little drained from her task.
Ashton ran over to her side, settling down in her lap, holding her tightly.

She rubbed his back and played with his hair until he fell asleep. And so did she not too long afterwards.

__________________________

The Next Day

__________________________

The brown eyed beauty yawned, her bones popping in protest. She looked down, feeling something heavy weighing on her stomach.

She rubbed his back, as a yawn left her lips once more. The little beam of sunshine came in through a hole in the back of the cave.

She brought him to the back of the cave. He stirred a little before going back to sleep. She walked quietly to the entrance.

She planned to try to find a nearby water source and food so they wouldn't have to stop too many times later.

She found and killed two rabbits, gathering more wood, dirt, and rocks while she was out.

She skinned them and cooked them, splitting it in half. One for me and one for him. After they ate, she watched over Ash as he went back to sleep.

__________________________

1 week later

_________________________

Me and Ashton moved to a new spot near a river. Right now I was with Ash, hunting for food. He wanted to come with me this time.

I killed 3 rabbits and we were making our way back to camp. It seems that there are lots of rabbits around here. I'm not complaining though, brings in more food for us.

I held Ashton's hand, swinging them back and forth until I heard growling and the sound of wood snapping.

Turning around, my eyes met angry scarlett ones. Ones that were eyeing the both of us down as if we were nuisances.

Unknown substances covered the creature. Fur matted with blood and other things, overgrown claws, and stained teeth. And then one by one, wolves started to surround us from all sides.

I pulled out my knives, pushing Ash in between my legs. One of them lunged at me, but i was able to dodge it by a hair.
________
We went back and forth until I was finally able to get the upper hand and stabbed it. I started killing them left and right until more of them started to replace the fallen ones.