[06]

A week had passed and the woman still had yet to wake. Ashton stayed glued to her side everyday unless he had to bathe.

He'd watched with narrow eyes as some people came into her room. He'd even bare his teeth when someone got too close to her.

She was his mama and it was his job to protect her. The promise rang deep in his heart.

He snuggled into her chest, whining in distress.

"when are you gonna wake up mama? i miss your hugs and you playing with me. these people are weird and won't stop trying to take me away from you." he pouted, latching onto her side.

Blue could sense him speaking, but she couldn't make out the words. All outside sounds sounded muffled to her, almost like her head was submerged in water.

She attempted to move her fingers, her attempts falling flat. Even though she was asleep, these small movements drained some of her energy.

She'd just try again tomorrow, she thought as she let her body relax.

________________________

"How is she?" The blonde male asked.

"We were able to stabilize her, but she'll have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks to a month. We injected her with some of your blood, so that should speed up the recovery process."

Theo nodded his head in gratitude before he went to check on the woman once more.

His beasts were nagging at him to the point where his head started to throb in pain.

They itched to get out and the urge to protect their mate left them restless. Theo could understand where they were coming from, seeing that he was fighting the same battle, but they could at least pipe it down.

He had gone centuries without someone by his side. Watching as others found their beloveds and completed their mating ceremonies.

He had even gone through stages of depression and anger. He'd drown himself in paperwork and consumed himself in sadness on his 'vacations'.

His parents tried to keep him hopeful, but he was hanging on by a thread—until a few days ago. He was about to go on border portal when received a message about a human girl being severely injured.

He quickly rushed to the hospital where he saw a brief glimpse of his mate being taken into the ER on a stretcher.

His emotions scrambled, every emotion flowing into his chest and exiting as quickly as it came. It had only gotten worse once he found out about the news of her condition.

He wanted to kill the ones who dared to lay a hand on his beloved. He had just gotten what he wanted for centuries and now it could possibly be taking away in an instant.

He decided to come back in an hour or two once he calmed down. If his mate happened to wake up, he didn't want her to see him in that state.

So he stormed out of the hospital, the doors banging the wall as he exited.

________________________
5 Days Later
________________________

Theo stretched, back popping in resistance. He pushed away from his desk, feeling satisfied after completing his dedicated workload for the day.

He shook out his legs, the feeling of sitting down too long getting to him.
He left his office, locking the door behind him. He made his way through the lower floors, greeting pack members along the way.

'Alpha, she's awake.'

Theo's eyes widened, he quickly took off, leaving a few members surprised.

__________________________

He knocked on the door, the feeling of nervousness crawling up his spine.

'Come in."

Theo took a deep breath, pushing the door open, he saw his mate wrapped in bandages with the small child still at her side.

Mommy!" the little boy squealed and she gave him a small smile. She patted his back, while her fingers ran through his hair, her eyes landed on me. Her eyes widened before gripped onto the boy tighter.

"Hello." I cringed as my voice cracked a little.

She tried to speak, but I didn't want her to strain. I shook my head and poured her a cup of water. I held it up to her lips, my eyes honing in on how pretty they were as they parted.

Not the time Theo.

Once she finished, she spoke.

"uhm, where am I and who are you?"

"You're in the hospital."

Her eyebrows furrowed.

"You were injured badly my friends found you. And I'm Theo by the way."

She nodded.

"I'm Blue and this is Ashton."

She looked back at the boy that was clutched onto her shirt hugging her.

"Mommy."

"Hmm."

"Please don't leave me."

"I won't." She brushed her hand across his cheek.

'She would be an amazing mother for our pups' Vulcan purred.

'Whipped' Lucian taunted.

'Shut up' he growled back.

I laughed to myself, internally shaking my head.

'Both of y'all are whipped'

'And you aren't' they barked back.

Touché.

_________________________

I was supposed to post this like 2 weeks ago....🤠, chilllleee anyways

But sorry for the delay, and hope y'all have a good day😗✌🏾.

•ps• drink water, eat, and meditate