Help! My Babysitter's a Jerk

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, thanks." We split it up and got our own portions. Why is he acting so weird? I wondered.

Once we turned back to Liam, we saw him talking to Violet. Thinking about it, they gave me similar vibes. Like poetic and grunge or something. Okay, I shipped it! I needed to think of ship names for them and Connor and Honey. Yes, I loved shipping my friends in secret.

I turned back to Asher. "So, how are you enjoying your gourmet lunch." I asked in a joking manner to try and push out the awkwardness.

"Could be better. Can I get the chef to remake it?" he asked back, sounding serious but I knew he was joking.

I laughed. "If you asked the lunch lady to remake it, she would probably bite off your face."

He looked back at the lunch lady and nodded vigorously.

We both laughed and talked about random stuff for the rest of lunch.

~~~~~~~

A few days passed by where the boys kept sitting at our table. I saw some connections begin between a few of them, too. I was still surprised that Asher could stand being around me for so long...

Today, as I was talking to Asher, a question came up and he grabbed everyone's attention.

"Are you going to Liam's house for his party on Friday? We're all going." Asher gestured to the boys.

Now, here was the thing. The only parties I'd ever gone to were those birthday parties for an eight year old with jumping castles and cake. And to be quite honest, those parties were the best. They were probably even better than any high school parties.

"Uh, I'm not really one to go to high school parties." I smiled nervously.

"Nonsense, it'll be fun. Tell you what, you and your friends can even come with us." He looked at me expectantly.

"Sorry, I don't-" a hand clasped over my mouth. Five pairs of hands grabbed both of my arms and pulled me off of my seat into a corner.

I looked up to see my friends all with appalled looks.

"Um, why did you kidnap me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You're being invited the Liam Adler's house for one of his amazing parties..." Ivy started.

"And he's asking us to come along too..." Violet continued.

"And you're saying no!" Julia finished.

"I'm not really a party person." I laughed awkwardly.

"Please, Ambrielle. We really want to go!" Honey chimed in.

"Gah, fine." I sighed.

The girls all cheered and tackled me in hugs.

We all walked back to the table next to a very stinky trash can in the corner after our dog pile.

"Well?" Asher looked at me, expecting an answer.

"Uh, we'll go." I sighed.

"Hey, don't look so down. Liam's parties are the best." He lightly punched my shoulder.

I nodded my head and continued to eat my portion of macaroni. It was nice of him to reassure me, but I still felt uneasy.

~~~~~~~

As I was entering my house after school, my mom was walking out with Leo.

"Hey mom, where are you going?" I gestured to her and Leo.