Chapter Thirteen

Vanessa's POV:

I finally finished my scenes for the night and was heading over to the parking lot. Madelaine's scenes ended before mine so I was getting my phone out to call an uber when all of a sudden a car rolled up.

"Get in loser, we're going home." Madeline said popping open the passenger door for me. I couldn't help but laugh as I walked over to the car.

"I thought your scenes ended like an hour ago." I said getting into the car.

"They did but I wanted to pick you up." She said with a smile on her face. I couldn't be mad at her anymore. She was the best best friend ever. She always cared.

"Listen," We both said at the same time causing us both to laugh.

"I'm sorry, I am just frustrated and stressed. Roberto just released the description of my character and in it it says that I will cause problems for Bughead and I know how serious their shippers are. I know I am gonna get a bunch of hate and I just don't want to deal with it." I said with a frown on my face.

"Listen, it's gonna be okay. We can go through this together. It will all pass before you even know it and soon we'll be together." She said grabbing my hands. Wait what did she mean together?

"On the show, of course." She added laughing.

"Oh, yeah." I said giving her a small smile. I completely forgot that our characters would end up dating. We went back to her apartment and talked most of the way back. I told her how I had to kiss Cole in one of my scenes today and she laughed. We finally went inside and I was feeling hungry.

"Hey, do you have any food?" I asked.

"No, but I'll make you some vegan pasta. Does that sound good?" She asked getting the pasta out.

"Yeah, that sounds great." I said smiling. I looked down at my phone scrolling through social media. I all of a sudden dropped my phone and tears started rolling down my face.

"Vanessa, what the hell." Madelaine turned to look at me. She noticed I was crying and ran over to me. "Oh my god. Vanessa, what's wrong?" She said pulling me in for a hug. I couldn't even get the words to say it. I just pointed to my phone. She picked it up and started reading all the comments.

bughead4lyfee: Go to hell and stop ruining my ship!!!!

bugheadshipper: What the fuck do you think you are doing? Back off. I swear if you ruin Bughead I will come to your house and fucking kill you. 

sprousehartlover: Fuck you you little bitch. You aren't even nearly as pretty as Lili so just back off. I hope you die. 

b.u.g.h.e.a.dismylife: Die, okay? Just die. You don't deserve to be on this show and you aren't even close to deserving to be with Jughead. 

"Oh, Vanessa. I'm so sorry. Don't listen to them. They are just the normal haters." She said rubbing my back. 

"I didn't think it was going to be this bad." I said crying.

"Shhh, it's okay." Madeline cooed. "Hey, look at me." She said pulling me away from the hug. "You are so much more than these stupid little threats. They are just trying to pick out something bad about you. They do that with every new character." She said putting her hands in my hands. "So what if they don't love you, I do and that's all that matters." She said smiling. I wanted to kiss her so bad but I knew I couldn't. I kept looking from her eyes to her lips, I couldn't help it. Before I know it we both leaned in but before anything could happen the water started boiling from the pasta. Madeline pulled back laughing. Every time I swear. I shook my head, while grabbing my phone and closing out of all my social medias. I decided it would be a good idea to just turn my phone off completely so I did just that. 

Madelaine's POV:

Vanessa and I almost kissed but the water for the pasta started boiling. I knew it would mean nothing even if we did kiss. I was still with Travis and things were great. He was actually coming to set with me tomorrow. I felt bad for Vanessa with all these comments. It sucks it really does and I remember when I was first getting hate before Riverdale even aired. Vanessa was there for me 24/7 and I remember she told me "Stop giving a shit about what people think." The thought of her being there for me made me smile. 

"What are you smiling about?" Vanessa asked. 

"I was just thinking about when I first got hate and you were there for me." I said smiling at her. 

"You're my best friend of course I was gonna be there for you." She said giving me a big smile back. 

"Have I ever told you how thankful I am to have a best friend like you?" I said pouring the pasta in the pot. 

"Yes, but you can keep saying it." She said laughing and I laughed too. 

After a couple of minutes the pasta was done and I gave her a bowl of it. She seemed happy now and I was glad that I was making her feel better. 

"Hey, when you're done do you wanna watch a movie?" I asked sitting down on the couch. 

"Yeah, sure!" She said excitedly. I waited a couple minutes until she was done. She walked over and grabbed a blanket. 

"Does Mamma Mia sound good?" I asked. 

"Oh my gosh. I love that movie." She said. 

"Okay good." I clicked on it and the movie started playing. During the movie I looked over at Vanessa and saw a tear roll down her face. I quickly paused the movie and turned to her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked wiping the tear off of her cheek with my thumb. 

"I just keep thinking about those comments." She said another tear rolling down her face. I took my thumb again and rubbed it off. 

"Nessa, don't think about them. They aren't worth your time." I said cupping her face with my hands. I could see her starting to blush. I pulled her head onto my chest and let her lay there. I turned the movie back on and put the blanket over us. 

"Thank you." She said looking up at me. Vanessa had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. 

"Anytime." I said giving her a smile. She turned her head back to the tv. I wasn't even watching the movie. I just kept looking at her making sure she was okay. Eventually she fell asleep and I didn't feel like waking her so we both laid there and soon I was asleep too.  

A/N: Aw this chapter was so sweet. Some drama is coming up soon! Do you think Madelaine is gonna noticed her feelings for Vanessa or is it going to be too late? Remember you can follow me on instagram daily.topaz and dm me your feedback. I love hearing it! Thanks again for the reads, votes and comments!