Chapter Nine

Credit to @riverdorrell on instagram for helping me with this! Go follow her! 

Vanessa's POV:

"Visitors of Madelaine Petsch" A tall female doctor called. Travis and I shot up instantly and ran over to her.

"How is she?" We both said in unison.

"Well I have good and bad news." She said looking us both in the eye. My heart dropped when I heard those words but I tried to stay positive. "She is in a coma right now and we are not sure how long she is going to be in it for. The good news is her vitals look good and she does have a good chance of getting out of this coma." She said giving an apologetic smile. "You two can go and see her now but just know it will be different because she won't be as she was before." The doctor said. Travis walked to the room but I ran. I couldn't wait any longer not seeing her beautiful face. I pulled up a chair and sat down next to her. I looked at her peacefully sleeping with her eyes shut. Her hair was spread out perfectly on the pillow. Even when she's in the hospital she still looks perfect. I looked toward the door and saw Travis standing in the door frame.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't see her like this." He said on the verge of tears. I went up to him and grab his hand and I pulled up another chair so he could sit on the other side of Madelaine. He gave me a soft smile and grabbed Madelaine's hand. We both sat there just admiring her and talking to her. Eventually after about an hour Travis' phone rang and he stepped outside to answer it. I grabbed Madelaine's hand and moved it to my lips giving her a soft kiss. A couple minutes later Travis walked back in and said he had to go. He walked over to Madelaine and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Then it was just Mads and I. I wondered if she remembered what happened between us.

Madelaine's POV:

I woke up and saw a girl sitting to the right of me and a man sitting to the left. My vision was still a little blurry so I couldn't really make out who they were. I saw a bunch of tattoos on the guy and I instantly knew that was Travis, my boyfriend. I wanted to get up and hug him so bad but I couldn't move. He was talking to me but I could only make out a few words. I think he was talking about our first date. It made me smile thinking about that day. I saw him step outside of the room and I wasn't sure where he was going. The girl picked up my hand a gave it a soft kiss. A couple of minutes later he came back and gave me a kiss on my forehead and then left. I could still feel his warm lips on my head. I still couldn't figure who the girl was. Once Travis left she held my head. I wondered why she waited until Travis left to do that. I saw these big brown eyes and I knew those eyes from somewhere I just wasn't sure where. Then it clicked, she was my best friend her name was Vanessa. I wondered how long she had been here for. I was trying to sit up but my body wouldn't let me. I fucking hate this. I can't move and I can't even remember that much and I have no idea what happened that made me get to this point.

*One week later*

Madelaine's POV:

I looked at the clock in my hospital room and it read 4:00 AM. I saw there was a water bottle on the night stand so I went to go reach for it. All of sudden I felt the plastic bottle in my hand and I screamed. A nurse came rushing in.

"Oh my god. I'm up." I said. The nurse smiled at me.

"Let me go get your doctor." She said as she walked out of the room. A tall women walked into the room and was smiling.

"Well Miss.Petsch, how does it feel?" She asked checking my eyes and ears.

"Amazing. I fucking hated not being able to move or talk." I said rubbing my hand through my hair. I knew the first thing I wanted to do was see Travis. "Is there anyway you could call my boyfriend and tell him to come." I asked since I didn't have my cellphone.