Chapter Eight

Vanessa's POV:

"Travis slow down. What are you even saying?" I asked trying to understand his words. 

"She-she was h-hit..." He said on the other side of phone.

"What do you mean she was hit?" I asked impatiently while my heart just dropped.

"Madelaine. A pickup truck hit her car at an intersection." He basically cried out. I dropped my phone and just stood there frozen for a few seconds. I picked up my phone again.

"Where is she right now?" I asked crying now.

"Hospital. I'm on my way right now." He said.

"Okay, me too. See you there." I hung up the phone. I went to grab the keys but I noticed I didn't have a car. Shit. I remembered the hospital was only a 10 minute walk but if I ran I could make it in 5. I sprinted as fast as I could. I honestly didn't think I could ever run that fast but it was for the girl I lik-loved. The thought of the fact that I loved her made me smile. I was hoping and praying that she was going to be okay. I ran into the hospital doors and I found Travis sitting in the waiting room.

"What did they say!? Can we see her? Is she okay?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"Calm down, Nessa. They said she is in a coma right now and they aren't sure when she is gonna wake up. They also said they aren't sure when we can see her." He said also on the verge of tears. You could tell he was crying before, his eyes were puffy and red. A tear came down my face and I watched it fall to the floor then the single tear soon turned into a full on sob. Travis held me in a hug and rubbed my back telling me it was going to be okay. I just couldn't imagine the fact of her not being here with me. I finally figured out my real feelings for her and now I couldn't even tell her them. Travis and I sat in the waiting room for a while. I felt sleepy but I couldn't fall asleep not knowing how Madelaine was. Travis would take short naps and then wake back up. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 5:00 AM. It was so weird for me to think that Madelaine was perfectly fine 5 hours ago.

"Do you want some coffee?" Travis asked.

"Yes, please." I said. He was honestly an amazing guy. He was always there and he was always so sweet. At first I wasn't sure about him but then I grew to like him a lot. Travis came back with my coffee and I took a few sips of it.

"Should I text Roberto and everyone to tell them what happened?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think you should." He said. I texted Roberto and the rest of the cast, since it was still early I didn't want to wake anyone up by calling them. I told Roberto that I wouldn't be showing up to work today and I was hoping he would understand since this was my first day. Travis and I just sat in silence waiting for the doctor to come out with any more information.

Madelaine's POV:

I looked down at my body and couldn't move. It looked like I was wearing some hospital gown. I looked around the room I was in and saw I was actually in a hospital room. I am trying to remember what happened but all I could see was bright car lights. It all went by so quick. Vanessa. That was the first person that popped into my head. I have to go see her. I tried to get out of the bed but my body wouldn't let me move. I tried everything but I just couldn't. I hated this feeling and I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. I waited for somebody to come in the room but nobody came and I feel asleep hoping this was just a nightmare I would wake up from.

A/N: Sorry this is really short but I didn't want too much because if I started on one topic it would lead to many. I promise the next few chapters will be longer! Hope you guys enjoyed this twist! Thanks for viewing, voting and commenting! Follow me on instagram daily.topaz!