Volume Three Chapter Eight

Start from the beginning

"Well that was convenient." Rei mutters.

"Ruby, Rei I- I'm so sorry." Pyrrha apologizes.

"Me too, but it wasn't you're fault." Ruby says.

"She's right. Whoever was on the microphone, they're the ones that did this." Jaune says handing Pyrrha her gear.

"And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else,"

A couple of griffons land in the arena and head towards the group as Rei draws a couple of arrows and launches them at the griffons killing some but wounding others while missing most.

"Griffons." He shouts warning the others.

"Anybody got a plan of attack?" Neptune asks.

"Sun. I need your scroll." Ruby says. She then calls her weapon to the arena but when she goes to get her weapon a griffon lands on it and roars before an arrow stabs the gryphon, a second arrow wraps around it having a wire attached to it, Rei pulls the Grimm away from RWBY'S team leader.

"Students. I think it would be best for you to leave." Port says as he kills another Grimm.

"But we can fi..."

"Miss Rose. This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it."

Rei nods, receiving one back from Port and Oobleck. "Let's go." He says leading his fellow students. The group runs out of the arena floor towards the evacuation site watching as civilians are getting out of the arena Atlas ships arrive dropping Grimm off in the arena.

"Dusk, Pyrrha, Ruby, and Sun on me, everyone else get the civilians to safety."

Just as they started cutting down the Grimm and the others helped evacuate Rei saw General Ironwood run at a Beowulf Major.

"General, what are you doing?!" He shouts. Ironwood starts fighting the Grimm and overpowers it with just one hand. "General, What's going on?" Rei asks as he launches an arrow into an Ursa's head

"Grimm are crawling over the city. The White Fang has invaded Beacon and to make matters worse, some- Vagabond has seized one of my ships. Until we regain command, the skies are out of my control. So I'm..." He then pulls out his gun to shoot a Beowulf that was about to attack the group but then Rei aims an arrow and fires into a grimm over the generals shoulder. "Going to take it back."

"What should we do?" Jaune asks.

"You have two choices; Defend your kingdom and your school... Or save yourselves. No one will fault you if you leave. Let's move out."

"I mean- Come on." Sun says headed for a ship to the school.

Jaune nods as well. "We can take a ship back to Beacon."

Rei sighs. "Dusk, go with the others I'll use my semblance to get to Ironwood's ship to provide him back up."

Dusk nods. "Ok."

Rei rushes off, creating several glyphs he uses them to leap from one to the next fighting Grimm all the while..

In Vale Glynda and Qrow are working to evacuate the city. They had been evacuating Vale for a couple of minutes, but the Grimm was starting to get overwhelming. Them pair were soon after to be assisted by Atlas robots. But... it wouldn't last long, moments later all the Robots glowed red turning around and shooting at the group. Qrow and Glynda being skilled hunters thought quickly killing the Atlas machines and Grimm quickly. Just down the road the trio of Cindy, Rai and Canary are fighting back to beck as Rai is about to be stabbed by a death stalkers stinger, the tail is launched out of its intended path, Cindy then leaps over Canary and cuts the tail off. Canary grins watching Rai create a massive hammer out of her aura that slams the stinger into the DeathStalker.