Chapter 19: Ignorance is Bliss

A/N: Author's note up here? What the heck, Flamin'? Only for today, alright? Shh, it's okay. *Pats your head*

SO SORRY about how slow this story is moving. I PROMISE you that the REAL action starts in chapter 21!!!! SO FREAKING CLOSE GUYS >.<. If I bored you, know that the action starts in 21 and shit hits the ceiling from there. ;)

 ೋღ ೋღ ೋღ ೋღ ೋღ

Ashlyn

The ride back home didn't seem as bad as the plane ride to New York because Mike decided to strike up a normal conversation with me, which was a freaking surprise. During the last ride, I fell asleep because there was nothing to do.

I thought sitting in first class would bring me new snacking opportunities and the complete ridiculous joy on my face that would have me shining brighter than a light bulb, but I should have known better.

The people on the plastic cover of the airplane magazine and advertisements were all fake. I bet in the inside they were pleading and saying 'kill me' from permanently stretching their skin so far out from their mouths to make those huge toothy grins.

Until today-from looking at the front cover of their magazine- I didn't know a person's smile could be so big that you could clearly see their back molars.

At least I had bragging rights when second class boarded the plane. I usually hate and detest the first class people that smile and grin up at me as I trudge my way to second class, but now that I was up here it was a different story.

It almost makes me want to forget my plan to recreate the movie 'Snakes on a Plane'- just for first class- but it was not enough to change my mind.

Just to start up small talk, I joked about it with Mike but he didn't get that it was a joke. The dumb nut thought that I was serious and was some kind of terrorist that was planning to attack the United States.

Of course there were a few moments where we were wound up tight and bickered, but we eventually worked through our problems and talked like normal people. I know that the two of us put together was an automatic bomb waiting to explode, but we only had to live a week with each other. That was it. Hopefully.

When Dane picked us up, I couldn't have been happier. Another car ride with Gardner would have lead me to suicide from the boring dull drone of his voice.

It confused me quite a lot because Gardner already had a car here at the airport, but I guess Mike called Dane to pick him up because he couldn't stand Gardner either.

Gardner must be driving to Mike's place alone, and that is best for the both of us because I don't think he was able to stand us either. It was a waste of gas money, in my opinion.

Rich people like Mike and all the money they blow off never ceases to shock and surprise me.

During the three days that I have been with them, I thought that I had seen it all but I bet there will be more surprises to come. 

Anyway, Dane picked us up and I was excited to talk to him but for some reason he didn't seem so excited to talk to me. I said hi but he only said hello and shut up. It was kind of disturbing how last night we got along so well and how quiet we were today.

It was like yesterday didn't exist and it was back to how it was. Whatever, I was only here for a week, and I wasn't here to make friends. I was here for business and to complete my half of Mike's deal.

When I got home, I ended up taking a nap the minute my face planted itself into the pillow. It felt so freaking weird to sleep in another house that I wasn't technically supposed to be in. Mike's father randomly agreed for me to stay over because Mike couldn't sneak me out on time. It was mostly his fault, but I did punch him in the face and got on his nerves, so I did play a big part in it as well.