Chapter Seven: Tears, Hurt and Blood Stains

"Well that was great." I mumble to myself while sighing over my fucked up fate and follow my group towards our tent or what. It really looks like a children's camp. There's a row of tents in every colour, like some common rooms. I take a final breath and enter my tent of hell.

x

"It's unbelievable, how did I end up with her?!" Fawning I lie next to Diane eating candy cones she bought in school cantine.

"It's Murphy's law." She replies with her mouth full of sugar.

"No, Murphy's law is when you forget to take the umbrella and it's the only day it rains, this is some fucking karma." I argument and throw my face into the pillow.

"Hey." Diane suddenly shouts and I turn to her.

"What?"

"What was that by the sorting today?" I look at her with weird look to incline I have no idea what she's talking about.

"You know...how the 'best month of your lives' lady stopped by your name like you were Lord Voldemort or someone." I roll eyes sitting to face my best friend and her candy.

"Compliment taken. And I don't have a clue. I mean I don't know her, so..." That takes care of the rest of our conversation and Diane then leaves to the library with her new 'team bffs' and I remain in our room sitting and wondering what could all this mean.

By the time I'm almost asleep as I have nothing to do I suddenly hear a laugh outside.

That laugh that used to make my days better for years.

That laugh that I haven't heard for two years.

That laugh that I should NOT be able to hear.

I get up fast which causes my pale and weak body to drop to the floor immediately.

"Fuck." I yell and finally manage to pick myself up and dragg myself to the window and spot two girls. One brunette with tall legs and literally huge boobs (yes, important things Mer) and a blonde who is THE girl again.

Maddie, her freaking living proof.

I wasn't so crazy, she was there chatting with someone which means I am not hallucinating (right?).

She moves, laughs and does everything just like Maddie but something was off about her, like it was somebody else in my dead sister's body. Oh god Sanders listen to yourself.

Suddenly she turns and faces me in the window which makes me hide fastly and my heart go off like I had a heart attack.

Breathe it out Meryl. I say to myself but it has no point. I can feel my entire body shivering and how my breath fastens. Fuck.

I sit back on my bed holding my hands to stop them from shaking but it is impossible and I am aware of that. Cold sweat runs down my back and I am losing it.

Breathing becomes harder as I try to lay down to make it easier but nothing seems to work.

Common Mer, you are stronger than this, you have always been. I say motivational shit to my mind but it is pointless, I was a freak and I knew this was going to happen at some point.

I try to fight it for like another 10 minutes but then I give up.

"Screw it." I yell and reach my hand into the bag that's lying under the bed taking out the only thing that I know will stop this.

The small silver tool is lying in my shaking hand as I slowly take away my shirt revealing million scars on my stomach.

I hate it. I hate it every single day, but that was the only way out I knew.

I catch my own hand to make it stop shaking and slowly stick the razor into my skin.

"Ouch.." Comes out of my mouth automatically even though I don't feel it so much anymore when I watch the red fluid starting to run from the wound which causes me to lie down and letting the razor fall.

I am slowly catchin my breath feeling myself going unconscious when someone opening the door makes me lift my head up but it is too hard for me to stay up so the last thing I am able to say before falling back down is the name of the last person I would ever expect to enter this room.

"Na-di..-a?"

.......................................................................................................

Hey guys, so sorry for updating after a while but I'm always working so it takes me time to edit my chapters xD. Here is another chapter that is supposed to make you understand Meryl more. I am grateful for every read you give me. <3

WLD