2. Tall Broody and Misterious (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

Knocking loudly on the door Albus looked at her over his shoulder and smiled. For some reason Aurora didn't find it to be very reassuring.

Albus had been like an uncle to her ever since she had a memory. He was always around, being pretty close to her father and great friends with her mother. He brought her presents whenever he came, and as Aurora grew up he was always there for her when she felt like she couldn't say  something or talk to her parents about whatever was bothering her. She knew who he was, that he held a power and influence beyond any other wizard. He was probably the greatest wizard of all times, and yet he was one of the people she felt the closest too. Not that Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was close to anybody except for maybe her father, and even that was debatable. Aurora was aware that not many people knew of the fact that Albus had been appointed as her Godfather, although she highly doubted that little snippet of information would ever come to light. With the way her family situation was, anyway.  She might not have been aware of his personal business all that well, but she could rely on him, trust him and confide in him with everything that went on in her life. And that was enough for her, especially since she knew what it was like to have so many secrets.

"Albus, what in Merlins name-" a voice said as the door opened, only to be cut off as the person noticed her standing behind Albus.

"Good afternoon, Severus" Albus said with a smile as he stepped past the man and made his way inside the house.

The man, Severus, was eyeing her coolly, his arms crossed over his chest. Aurora gave him a once-over, trying to get a read on the man. Taller than her 5'10 by only a few inches, his frame was slender, his choice of clothes good at concealing whatever sort of physique he might have been hiding underneath those dark robes.  He had a sharp hooked nose, strong features and yet black hair that fell messily to his shoulders. His onyx eyes were glaring daggers at her as Aurora made her way to the door, but before she could take a step inside his arm shot out to block her way in.

"Who is this, Albus, and why is she here?" he drawled, eyeing her suspiciously.

"All in good time, Severus" Albus said, his voice mufffeld as it seemed he was now in the living room of the house.

Aurora stood her ground as Severus eyes bored into hers, refusing to give in to the urge to shrink away from this intimidating man. Our staredown lasted a good three minutes, neither of us blinking as we looked at each-other. It wasn't often she ran into people who managed to intimidate or impress her with their stares, but Severus didn't seem like the kind of man to back off easily. But then again, so was she. It was an interesting thought. 

It seemed that Snape himself also wasn't in the habit of running into people who would so openly defy him, for he glowered at her and refused to budge, leaving Albus waiting in the living room. Then, when she was about to just give up and walk away, Snape took a step back and slightly to the side, allowing her to pass and walk into the house. As Aurora dragged her suitcase behind her she put it next to the staircase that seemed to lead to the second floor.

The interior of the house was basic but clean and practical. A long "L" shaped couch stood against the wall next to the bay window that showed the green hills outside. A heavy wooden bookcase covered the entire wall on the far side of the room, and a couple of seats and a small coffee table stood next to the couch. The walls were a of brownstone, and a slight elevation and a wooden counter separated the living room from the kitchen area. The kitchen seemed rather modern, with a functional stove and a dull grey refrigerator. The kitchen cabinets were the same heavy wood of the bookcase, and looking up Aurora couldn't help but admire the heavy wooden beams that lined the ceiling. The floors were also wooden.

"Albus....You know I don't like unannounced visitors" Snape said softly, his voice barely more than a growl.

"Remember our last conversation?" Albus said after a brief silence. He had sat down on the couch and was twiddling his thumbs.