2. Tall Broody and Misterious (EDITED)

Mauuw! Here goes another chapter! I'm really hoping that this story will get read... which means I won't stop asking for you people to comment and vote! I absolutely love the HP series and the world JK Rowling created... anyways, I'm rambling.

*************************

As the two of them disapparated Aurora was reminded of how much she hated apparating. She disliked it with a fervor that she herself couldn't quite understand, only knowing that she'd much rather use the floo network, a brook, or hell, even a car.

She hated the gut-wrenching feeling that came with being sucked into what seemed like a vacuum pipe and traveling at neck-breaking speed through the dark. Having learned how to apparate a long time ago she didn't mind anymore traveling that way, since it was the most practical, but  that didn't mean she had to like it.

They apparated in a small muggle town. Where exactly, Aurora didn't know. There was just no way to know for sure as the village was only a dozen houses big. And that was putting it nicely. There was a little diner, one small shop and a local convenient store. The road was a cobblestone one and ran straight through the countryside, grasslands surrounding the town and hills rising up around them. Rustic cabins dotted the grassy hills as trees stood up like spikes, zigzagging the border of brick roads and unpolished homes. 

Around the small town the countryside stretched before them like a great quilt of golden, brown and green squares held together by the thick green stitching of the hedgerows. It rose and fell like giant waves on a gentle ocean and was dotted with animals. Occasionally there was a wood that separated the fields, or a farmhouse or barn.  

Making their way across the village Aurora felt the prying eyes of people on them. The two of them must have looked rather strange, an old man in billowing purple robes and a young girl dragging a heavy wooden trunk behind her across the street in some small town in the middle of nowhere. Slowly walking in the direction Albus had indicated, Aurora soon found herself wondering where the hell she'd end up staying until the classes started at Hogwarts. There were still six weeks or so until the school opened. If she had to stay in this middle-of-nowhere village she would probably go mad...

"So....who am I going to be staying with, Albus?" She inquired as she tried to keep up with the man's pace.

"Severus Snape is the potions professor at Hogwarts, and on such short notice I wasn't able to find accommodation for you elsewhere, Aurora. But don't worry, you'll be perfectly safe here" Albus told her with a glance over his shoulder at her.

"Right. Does dying of boredom count as keeping me safe?" Aurora muttered sarcastically under her breath. 

"Aurora, be nice" Albus said quietly, but she could have sworn she saw him smirk.

At the outskirts of the small village a lonely two-story house stood. With its brick walls and green vines sneaking up the walls, it actually didn't look all that bad, specially with the column of smoke rising from the chimney, indicating a blazing hearth inside. From the looks of it the house had about three rooms, maybe four, and as Albus walked briskly towards the front door Aurora wondered what kind of teacher would be crazy enough to go and live that far out here.

 From the looks of it the house had about three rooms, maybe four, and as Albus walked briskly towards the front door Aurora wondered what kind of teacher would be crazy enough to go and live that far out here