XLVIX. Busted

Alice's POV:

The knock only got louder.

I sat up, and Neilson woke up. "What's wrong, Angel?"

He yawned, and I covered his mouth. "Morning checks," I whispered.

Neilson wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed it. "What?" His eyes still shut.

"Morning checks! Open the door, Alice Lee!" Mr.Franklin screamed.

Neilson's eyes burst open, and he sat up. "Oh shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" he whispered, and we hopped out of bed.

I grabbed my underwear and slipped it on while Neilson stumbled around the room, trying to find his other shoes. I dropped on a shirt and shorts.

The knock only got angrier.

The students were outside, so Neilson couldn't sneak out. "Fudge cake," I whispered to myself.

Neilson rushed back and forth, uncertain of what to do next.

This is exactly like when Mrs.Yi caught us, except he can't jump out the window since there are students outside.

"What are you doing? Hide!"

"R-Right." He rushed around awkwardly but halted his step every time.

He ducked down and looked at the bottom of the bed, only to notice that it won't fit him. Even with that realization, he crawled. I held the urge to roll my eyes. I walked over and kicked him in the stomach. "What are you doing? You won't fit under there!" My hands were itching to choke him.

Neilson nodded, then stood up, eyes wandered around the room once more. Instantly, I rushed towards the lost Neilson and kicked him inside the closet. I slid the closet door closed, made myself presentable, and opened the door.

Mr.Franklin stood there with two other people behind him. A few students were passed by, and with a glance, they left. Mr. Franklin cleared his throat while I stepped aside.

A woman clicked her pen, "What took you so long?"

I cleared my throat, "Deep sleeper."

They walked around the room, and I noticed one of Neilson's shoes was beside the bed. I looked back, and Mr.Franklin saw the shoes. He looked at me then back at it. His head tilts to the side.

The man walked closer to my bed after he inspected the cabinets while the woman left the room.

Mr.Franklin turned him around, "Hey, where did you get that tie?"

I ran over and kicked the shoes under the bed.

The man turned back, "Oh, I don't remember. My wife picked it out," he said.

Mr.Franklin laughs in a loud fake voice.

Being here already changed him.

Back in MistVille High school, if Mr.Franklin didn't like you or your jokes. He would sip his morning coffee, nod, and walk away.

The man chuckled awkwardly in return and reached for the closet.

"No!" I screamed.

Mr.Franklin looked in the closet. His eyes widened as Neilson stood there with the clothes in his hands.

Then, Neilson waved.

"My throat hurts," I faked a cough. "Do you have any cough drop?"

The man shook his head while Mr.Franklin waved his hand in front of Neilson's face, indiscreetly telling him to move to the other side. "Sorry, I don't."