XLVIII. Keep Your Dog on a Leash

Alice's POV:

PRESENT

Instantly Neilson grabbed Alexander by the collar. "What did you say?"

Alexander licked his pale lips. "Soft lips...She has really soft lips." He leans toward me and smiles, "And seems like her breast grew pre-"

Neilson punched Alexander.

Quickly, the men around us threw out guns, pointing them all at Neilson.

Okay...guns...remember Alice...you don't know about any of this.

You don't know Neilson is in the Italian mafia.

You don't know Alexander is in the Russian mafia.

Now, what do you do when you see guns in all directions?

Scream.

I screamed like one of those girls in a horror movie.

Neilson embraced me and told me to calm down while indirectly telling everyone else to put away their guns. Alexander raised a hand then moved two fingers, causing everyone else to put away their weapons and took a step back.

I continued screaming and lowered myself for dramatic effect.

Damn, I should've been an actor.

My face buried into Neilson's chest and the fake tears surfaced. "I-I want to g-g-go home."

"How about you go to the other r-"

I shook my head and wrapped my arms firmly around his neck. "I want to go home. I want to go home."

"That's enough," an overly familiar voice said.

I turned my head towards the stairs to see Anthony with Marvin behind him.

Well, I'll be damn.

Neilson is here for business.

Anthony walked towards Neilson and shot him a deadly glare. Neilson scurried me behind him as Anthony traced his sight to me. "It's not her fault. I did it," Neilson spoke in a cold tone.

"I saw," Anthony scowled, "Mind stepping out?"

"Anth-"

"Leave," he commanded.

Neilson clenched his jaw, cracking his neck. "Understood," he said.

At least we don't have to pay the bill.

So, this night isn't a complete loss.

"You know Anthony, I have a few dogs back in Russia," Alexander said.

Neilson stops walking.

Anthony kept silent, and I could hear a chair.

"Dogs, you would think they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them," his chuckles.

Neilson firmly stood his ground, and his hand tightened around my wrist.

The chair creaked, overpowering my thumping heartbeats. "But, some dogs get too comfortable, why? Because the master allows them to get comfortable. So when the dogs don't get what they want, they bite the hands that feed them."

Another chair pulled out, and I assumed it was Anthony who sat down. "And I presume you have a method in keeping your pets in line?"

Hesitantly, I turned my head slightly while Neilson's eyes were on the door in front of us. "Of course," Alexander smirked at me, leaning back, a single-arm resting on the chair. "I never let my dogs enter the house, so they never get comfortable."