XXXIV. Making Memories

Alice's POV:

"Oh, yes, hello."

"We got your response, and we are excited to see you during your break to begin the interviewing process."

"Yes, I'm excited too."

"Fantastic, now we are going to send you some paperwork and assignments you have to complete before our meeting. We will mail it to you. Since you are underage, we will need your guardian signature."

"Yes, I understand."

"Princeton is looking forward to meeting you, Alice Lee."

I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled. "I look forward to meeting everyone at Princeton," I replied before ending the call.

Inhaling a deep breath, I walk out of the bathroom to see the waitress standing there, giggling. Neilson sat there, saying some words with a smile on his face, and she laughed again.

Hesitantly, I walked back to the table and sat down. "Well, I hope you have a good meal." She brushes her hand on his biceps and practically skips away.

"What were you guys talking about?"

He shrugs, taking a sip of his wine. "Just adult stuff."

I nod.

Right, adult stuff.

Stuff I can't know because I'm just a little girl, your little sister.

He scoots closer to me. "What's wrong, Alice?" I watch as his hand moves up towards mine, and I shake my head, placing my hand under the table, seeing his smile drop.

"Nothing, I'm just sort of feeling like I don't belong here," I shrug. "It's so classy." I place my hands in the air doing a little dance and giggle.

Damn Alice, can your giggling be any faker?

The waitress brought out the food.

I wanted to stand up and show her that Neilson belongs to me, but that's not true. He doesn't belong to me.

When we finished eating, Neilson went up to pay. The waitress practically ran to the cashier. He stands there, talking and smiling at her. I bit my lips and stared down at my lap.

I saw it a ton of times. This isn't the first time Neilson took me out. I know exactly what will happen. She will flirt with him; then, he will flirt back. After some time, she will scribble her number on the back of the receipt, and he will take it. He will call her, and they will spend a night together.

Because she is a woman.

"Alice."

I look up to see Neilson staring at me. I clear my throat. "Yes?"

"You've been staring at your lap nearly the whole day. Are you okay?"

I nod, "Of course! Where are we going next?" I gave him one of my mischievous smiles. The smile that I've been practicing for hours in the mirror to perfect.

Neilson returned my smile, and I knew he fell for my act. "Let's go," I can see him lifting his hand, but instantly I stood up. I tuck my hair back and grab my coat before he can.

"Let's go," I sang, passing by him and avoiding the eyes of that damn waitress.

When I hear the car alarm, I grab the car handle before he can and jump in. I can't handle Neilson treating me so friendly anymore.

Today, I will end it.

End this non-existing relationship.

"Okay, close your eyes," he sang.