Chapter 11 (Jamie)

That Jerk! Ryder gets on my nerves

That Jerk! Ryder gets on my nerves. He's in my business with Matt, which makes me want to go to the party with Matt even more. That text I got that day from Matt I said I would think about it. I texted Matt saying I will go with Matt. "Good morning." Lindsay said getting out of bed. I was already awake. "Good morning, Lindsay." I said. "So are you going to that party tonight?" Lindsay asked. "Yeah, are you?" I asked. "No, baby." Lindsay says. "Are you going with anyone? Maybe Ryder." Lindsay said. "No, I'm so done with him, he a toddler. I'm going with Matt." I Said with a smile. "Oh my gosh Matt the hot lifeguard." Lindsay said. "He's smart, handsome, and well- rounded." I Said. "The opposite of Ryder." Lindsay says standing up.

I got ready and I headed out the door and looked at my bracelet, knowing I can't take it off until I find Carrie. She's out there somewhere. I go to my favorite spot, also known as the "make out spot". I look over at the city. "I should go apologize to Ryder." I whisper to myself. I get up and decided to go find Ryder.

I wonder around campus looking everywhere, "Hey Jamie!" I turned around, it was Matt. "Oh hey! Matt." I shout. I walk over to him. "Are we still on for tonight?" Matt asked. "Of course! Won't miss it." I said looking at him. "Good! Still picking you up at 7?" He said in a happy voice. "Yup! See you around." I said as I walked away. "Good." Matt said leaving. Matt is a great guy! I'm glad, I met him. I decided to give up on looking for Ryder, then I see it. Ryder and a girl. "This should be good." I said to myself. I walk over. Woah! Ryder is proposing to a girl I never met! Then, Ryder turns to me, as he gives the girl a hug. I turn around and start to walk. "Jamie! Wait!" I keep walking, but he catches up. "What." I Said in a calming voice. "When's the wedding?" I asked. "Oh no.." he continued. I didn't really listen, like I care. "So, you're still going to the party?" I ask. "Yeah with Tiffany." I look over at her. "We should do a double date, at 7."I say. "Sure." He says. I walk away.

I got back to my dorm, "Lindsay, I think I made a mistake." I say walking in. "What did you now?" She asked. "I set up a double date." I said. "So?" She asked. I sit down on my bed. "You see, it's between Ryder and this girl and Matt and I." I said looking at her. She looks back at me and her mouth dropped opened. "Jamie!" She yells. "I know." I say. "You know he likes you?" She Said. "No he doesn't, I'm worried because no one does double dates anymore." I stand up. "No girl, he likes you." Lindsay says standing up. "No he doesn't." I say getting up looking for something to wear. "Whatever! Jamie, he is in love with you. I can hear the wedding bells." She yells. "No!" I yell back. "Ding- Dong!" She says twirling around. "You're being ridiculous!" Say rolling my eyes. "Can I be a bridesmaid?" She says throwing me a dress. "You're letting me wear you're party dress?" She nods. "Yes, Mrs. Charles." She says with a smile. "My date is Matt." I said with a smile. "Yeah, you go with Matt, you come back with Ryder." She says giving me a hug. "Thanks for letting me wear your dress." I Said. "It's easy to get off." She says releasing me. "Lindsay!" I yell. She winks at me. I roll my eyes. I love Lindsay she's the toughest person I know, and we both have together.

I get ready, I go back to my dorm from the bathroom. "So how do I look." I ask. "Like a hooker, but turns into a rich guy's girl." Lindsay says eating a bowl of cereal. "Did you just summarize Pretty Woman?" I asked. "Is that the story?" She looks at me with a smile. I giggle. "You look great, plus in a couple of weeks I can't fit in that dress." Lindsay says. "Lindsay, I'll be here for you." I say going over to her. "Why?" She asked. "Because, if I was in this situation you would do the same." I say with a smile. "You will be wearing that dress." She says with a grin. I frown. "Really Lindsay! I'm trying to have a friend moment with you!" I yell. We hug again.

We continue to hug until... we here a knock at our door. "Oh that's Matt." I said with a smile. "You really like him." Lindsay says. "I really do!" I Said in an exciting voice. "I was cheering for you and Ryder, I even started to write fan fiction." She says with a grin. I walk over to the door and answer it. "Hey Matt." I said with a smile. He smiles at me, "Jamie, You look amazing." He says. I blushed a little bit. "Thank you Matt, you look handsome." I smiled. "Thank you, my lady." He holds out his arm and I grabbed it and we leave. Ryder will never do anything like this.

We walk to the pool, by the way it's empty. It's October and we're in New York so. No fun splashing stories. "Oh hey there's Ryder." I turned to Matt. "So we're here with my friend Ryder and his date." Say. "Oh cool!" He says. "You're really cool about this." I say. "Well, life is full of surprises." He says looking at me. We both approached them. "Hey." I say. "Hey Jamie, this is Tiffany." He says. "I'm Matt." I look around it was awkward. We entered the party as a double date and it's really awkward. Just my luck!