Chapter 8 (Ryder & Jamie)

Yes! It's my turn to tell the story again!

Jamie and Ryder arrived at the library not knowing what to do to find Carrie. Ryder arrived to the library first sitting down at a table. "Woah! The last time I've been to a library was 8th grade." He thought to himself looking around. Jamie arrived on the scene. "Hey! Sorry I was late." She said walking to the table. Ryder turned to look at her, "It's fine, it's been awhile since I been a library." He said looking around. "Oh how long?" She asked sitting down. "5 years." He said. Jamie trying not to laugh. "What's so funny?" He asked looking at Jamie. "You didn't even go to do a research paper?" Jamie asked. "Well, no I never did assignments." He said looking down. "Then how did you get into this school?" She asked. "You can do anything when your dad is famous." He continued looking down. Ryder was embarrassed saying it out loud. "Who's your dad? I might know him." Jamie asked. "Chris Charles the hockey player." Ryder continued. "You might not know who that." Ryder said. "I do my dad use to watch hockey." Jamie said looking down. "Use to?" Ryder looked up. "Yeah, my dad passed." Jamie said as she looked up. "I'm sorry, my mom died of cancer." Ryder said looking at Jamie. "I'm sorry." Jamie said. "Well, it's not a pity party let's find this Carrie girl." Ryder said. "Yeah, I know Carrie is probably our age, based off of River." Jamie said looking at her phone. Matt texted her the information for that party. "What's wrong?" Ryder said trying to see what's on her phone. "Oh it's nothing, just my roommate checking on me." Jamie said. "Why? She thinks I'm a creep or something?" Ryder said with a smile. "She's Just over protective, I'm not from New York." Jamie said with a smile. "Oh really, where are you from?" Ryder asked. "Tennessee, I lived on this farm in the middle of no where my whole life." Jamie said with a smile. "Well, I was born in New York lived in big houses in the city. Like shit! My dad is on his fifth wife now." Ryder said putting his hands on the back of his head. "I don't think my mom is going to remarry anytime soon." Jamie said with a smile. Ryder looked at her. "You have a nice smile." Ryder said. "Thanks." Jamie said, then Ryder smiled.

Awww don't you love those two! Oh sorry I have a story to tell :)

"This sucks!" Ryder yells. "Shhh!" Said a girl reading a book. "Hey you be..." Jamie taps his shoulder. "I know you haven't been in a library since the beginning of puberty, but you have to be quiet." Jamie smiled. "Hey no one asked you, and by the way I didn't go through puberty yet." Whispered Ryder, the two laughed. "Shhh!" The girl said again. "Hey let's get out of her." Ryder said leaving. "Okay." Jamie said as she followed him. "We can't find any information until we go back." Said Jamie. "Oh no! I'm not going back!" Ryder said stopping. "We have to anytime we sleep, also can't get rid of this necklace." Jamie said. "Well, we have no choice. They need us." Ryder said. "Yup, I have a good place we can go." Jamie said grabbing Ryder by the hand. "I use to go here all the time last year." Jamie said as they walked up a hill. From the hill you can see the view of New York City. "Woah!" Whispered Ryder. "I know take it all in, the beautiful lights." Jamie said looking down at the city. "I guess New York City isn't a shit show." Ryder sitting down on the ground. "Do you hate New York?" Jamie asking, she sat next to him. "I just want to travel, but I can't because I'm trouble." Ryder said. "You should come to Tennessee we have cattle." Jamie said with a giggle. Ryder looked at her. Ryder leaned in Jamie backed away. "What are you doing?" Jamie said standing up. "Just living in the moment." Ryder said standing up. "No! You're just trying to sleep with me like every girl you meet!" Jamie yelled. "You're not most girls Jamie." Ryder yelled. "No I'm leaving." Jamie leaves Ryder. "What did I just do?" Ryder Whispered to himself.

Jamie ran back to her dorm. "Jamie! What's wrong?" Lindsay asked as Jamie ran in and collapsed onto the bed. "I didn't have a good time." Jamie said as she sat up. "Why?" Lindsay asked. "He just wanted sex!" Jamie yelled as she collapsed back into bed. "Oh Jamie! That's like every college guy." Lindsay says as she goes to sit next to Jamie. "Did you take him to your spot?" Asked Lindsay. Jamie nodded. "Well, Jamie that place is romantic." Lindsay. "No it's not I studied there all the time!" Jamie yelled sitting up. "Well, a hundred people know your spot and do more than studying there." Lindsay said with a giggle. "Oh thanks Lindsay." Jamie said getting up. "I'm going to get ready for bed." Jamie knows she is going to see him again.

Ryder walks back to his dorm. He opened the door no Martian. "Huh! He does go out." Ryder Whispered . "I can't believe I screwed everything up, and I have to see her again!" He yells. He knows it's going to be awkward. [Believe me it is!] Jamie pulls weed from underneath his bed. "No! I'm done!" Ryder throws the weed into the trash and collapsed into bed. "Why can't I be stable for once?" Ryder asked himself. "I disappointed my dad, my roommate, and the one girl who didn't want to screw me." He turns to look at the ceiling. Then suddenly he goes to sleep. The necklace only works if both of them go to sleep. Not everyone is on the same sleep schedule so the necklace puts them to sleep.