Chapter 10

H’s POV:

                It was about a week after Emma had gone back to Maryland and for some reason she was ignoring me and not answering my texts. Normally, even when we are busy, we text each other good morning; but she didn’t even do that. I didn’t know whether to be worried or mad. There was no way I could let us end up like last time and eventually breaking up, I couldn’t handle that feeling again and I know she knows that. Trying to get my mind off of it all, I tried to record something but when that didn’t work, I just said screw it and went to Chipotle.

While eating my feelings, I finally get a text for Emma.

E: Hey

H: Hey stranger.

E: What’s up?

H: Just at Chipotle.

E: The one by your school?

H:  Yes… Why?

                And then I didn’t get a response from her. What was up with her? First she doesn’t text me all day and then she asking what I’m doing and doesn’t respond? What is wrong with her?

Mid-thought I was interrupted by a voice. “Hi, I hope this doesn’t creep you out but there are no more seats open except for the one right here and uh…”

“I’m sorry but I really don’t feel like sitting with-“And when I looked up, Emma was standing right in front of me. “Oh my God, Em!” I picked her up and spun her around. “What are you doing here?!”

Emma’s POV:

                When I went back to work that first, my boss called me into her office as soon as I got there. Of course she wanted to just to a background check on how everything went at the other firm and that my experience was good. I was still on a little high because of H, who at that moment kept making my phone buzz trying to get me to tell him I love him before he says goodbye, and walked into my boss’s office smiling.

“Hello Emma!” She said. “Welcome back!”

“Thank you.” I said and took a seat.

“I hope everything went well in Chicago.”

“Oh yeah the people were super friendly and everything runs pretty smoothly over there.” I said thinking mostly of my time with H.

“That’s really great!” She said and then put on a more serious tone. “Now Emma, you know you are one of my best here and I always love to have you here.” I blushed. “But I wanted to let you take the opportunity if you want it.”

“What are you talking about?” I said confused.

“Well the people over at the firm in Chicago loved you so much, they wanted to permanently have you work there for them.” She said and my mouth dropped.

“Wow that is a really big offer.” I said

“Yes I know, so I will let you sleep on it but they would like an answer as soon as possible.” She said

“Okay, yes, I will think it over tonight.” I said and had so many things rushing through my head. “Boss, I just want to let you know, if I take this job, it has nothing to do with you and how I’ve been treated here because this has been such a great job and I am so thankful for the opportunity.”

“I know there won’t be any hard feelings.” She said with a smile and returned to her work, making my cue to leave.

H’s POV:

“Wow! So are taking the job?” I asked.

“No H, I just came because I missed you so much- Of course I’m taking the job!” She said and gave her a little push.

“No need to be sarcastic, I’m a little slow.”

“A little?” She said and I gave her another push.

“Stop pushing me or I’ll just go back to Maryland.” She said and started to walk away

“No you’re not going anywhere.” I said pulled her to me into a kiss.

“Ew, stop with the PDA.” Emma said and I realized we were still at Chipotle.

“Oops, sorry forgot we weren’t at home.” I said.

“Speaking of home… I need a place to stay and-“

“Of course you can stay at my place, I’m sure my parents won’t mind, they love you.”

“While that is flattering, that’s not what I was going to say.” She said

“Oh okay, go ahead.” I said a bit embarrassed.

“Well I thought our experience at that apartment we had was pretty good so I’m moving back into there, actually at the same room we had together.” She said and I was shocked.

“Woah! That’s crazy!” I said in surprise. “Are you living by yourself?”

“Well see, I could, ya know afford it by myself, but I would much rather live with someone…” She said and looked down. “I would like that person to be you.”

“Is this really happening? Is this all a dream?” I said and started to pinch myself.

She swatted my arm. “No stop this is real, I want you to come live with me again.”

“Like how it used to be?” I asked.

“Just like old times.” She said and I smiled.

“It will be like picking up where we left off. You, me, that apartment, our whole lives in front of each other.” I said.

“Yup, we can be us again.” She said and I entwined my hands with hers. “And we get to start at the place we started.”

                I looked around and as if by fate, we were sitting at the table we first met. Though it has been many seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months and years since that first encounter, the same feelings I felt then, still apply today.

This girl scares the shit out of me, and I love her every second for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay guys that is it! I’m done! H and Emma live happily ever after have 2 kids and a great life! I really hope you enjoyed this series as much as I enjoyed writing it. While there was a rough ending with the first one, you all get your happy ending you wanted! This will be my last fan fic for the Cube SMP guys and I think I should have ended on a good note! Again, I hope you enjoyed my story and my twitter is @emmabemma1645, do with that what you want and I hope you all have beautiful lives! Say Bye bye!