The Glasses

When the line of cars pull into the driveway behind the Witwicky house, Sam is the first out of the car, Emilia right behind him as she steps down from the truck.

"The glasses are in my room," Sam says. "You have to stay here and watch them, I'll go get them. Make sure they don't do anything stupid, okay?"

"Yeah, sure, I got this," she nods in response, seeing her brother running off into the yard and towards the house. "He'll get the glasses, we just have to wait and be patient."

"Patience doesn't work all that well," the radio sounds from where Bumblebee sits, still in his vehicle form. When Emilia looks over at him, she hears the sound of someone transforming. She backs away from the truck, before looking up at Optimus.

"You're kidding," she shakes her head. "My parents are going to see you, you gotta turn back!" She insists, glancing around as the others began to transform as well. "Bee, come on, you gotta be on my side with this, at least!"

"We need those glasses," Optimus says as he stands fully, stepping over the line of trees to enter the yard. Bumblebee is close to follow, as well as Iron Hide and the rest. Emilia runs after them, though realizes she's a bit too late when Sam walks down the path to join them.

"I asked for five minutes!" He exclaimed. "You couldn't wait for five minutes? Really? And- oh my god, you smashed the fountain!" He motioned to it, and his sister's eyes widened. Their dad was going to kill them. As if on queue, he turns to look at the blonde. "You couldn't keep them there? I just needed some time! Five minutes!"

"I heard you," she responded. "Look at me, honestly, how the hell am I supposed to stop them?" She looks up at Optimus, waving her arms to get his attention. "Sam is going inside to find those glasses, okay? I need you all to be quiet so we can do that, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good, okay, go," she turns and shoves her brother towards the house, to which he takes off running inside. "See guys? It's okay, he's getting them."

"If he has the glasses, why was the Decepticon after you?" Optimus asks as he looks down at Emilia, to which she pauses for a moment.

"I mean, he probably saw me with Sam a lot. Then he asked about his Ebay page and I couldn't throw Sam under the bus. I said it was mine."

"You humans have more compassion than I thought you would have."

"We're all different," she shrugs a little. "I try to protect my family, because I know they would do everything in their power to protect me."

"Maybe," Iron Hide huffs. "You don't know that. He could turn his back on you, like Megatron did to all of us."

"Sam and Megatron aren't anything alike, he would never put me in danger if he could help it. He's just... not great at showing it sometimes, is all." 

Optimus nods a bit in understanding, before moving and placing his hand on the ground in front of her. "Get on," he says, noticing she was hesitant. Emilia slowly climbs on, though her hands grab onto one of his fingers when he starts to lift it. He brings his hand to Sam's window, allowing her to knock. "Find them."

Sam pushes the window open, looking at his sister, then up at Optimus, then back at her. "Why can't you just wait a minute?" He asks, before helping Emilia inside.

"They're impatient," she responds.

"Yeah, obviously."

"So where is it? Where are the glasses?"

"Look, they were in my bag and now my bag isn't here."

"Oh, great, okay, they're going to be pissed. What do you want me to do?"