Stolen

Emilia sits at her desk, typing on her laptop as she tried to finish the essay for her next English class. Sam had left earlier that day to go to some lake party with his friend, and got back about four hours ago. By now, the house was quiet and everyone had gone to sleep. The girl wore a white tank top and a pair of black gym shorts, her hair down in thick waves. She and Sam have only had their new car for two weeks now, meaning they still had to work out a few kinks, like who would drive and when. 

With a sigh, the girl shut her laptop and stood, grabbing her keys from where they hung on a small hook. She slipped on a pair of of white tennis shoes, before turning and opening the door to her room quiet. She slips right out, walking quietly down the hall and towards the stairs. Glancing down the other end of the hall, she can see Sam's door is closed and his light is out. There's no doubt he's asleep, he's like a giant - and naughty - child. Always gets at least twelve hours of sleep. He could go all day.

The car sounds outside, as if someone had started it, and the engine roared. Emilia stopped moving, her blue eyes moving to the window, where the headlights filled the kitchen and living room of the house. She knew it couldn't be Sam, he wouldn't be able to keep his eyes open this late. Quickly, the girl sprinted out the front door in hopes of catching whoever was stealing the Camaro.

"Hey!" She called after them. "Wait! Stop!" Looking around, her gaze lands on a pink bike that he mother bought some time ago. She moves over to it, straightening it out before getting on and peddling off towards where the car drove off. 

Emilia went as fast as she could, there not being many cars due to how late it was at night. She was so focused on following her yellow Camaro that she jumped when her phone started to buzz where she kept it between her shorts and her hip, due to not having pockets. She answers it, now steering with one hand. "Hello?"

"Where are you going this late?" Sam asks, his voice a little groggy. "I heard the car leave in kind of a hurry. Is something wrong?" Sometimes, he cared. It was nice when he wasn't such an ass.

"Oh, uh, yeah," she lies. "I'll save you the gross details, I need some girl things, okay?"

"How is that saving me the gross details?" He then groans. "You're lucky mom and dad sleep like a rock, you'd get your ass beat."

"Mom would understand. Look, Sam, I'm pulling into the gas station, I'm gonna see if they have anything so I don't have to go to Walmart. I'll be home soon, okay? Go to bed."

"Mm, yeah. Bye."

"Bye." 

Phone now tight in her hand, Emilia pulls into a junkyard where the Camaro had gone, though she lost sight of it. Setting her bike down in the gravel, she ducks behind a couple of large pipes in hopes of finding her car before the thief found her. 

Hearing movement, the girl peeks over the pipes and her eyes widen. There stands a giant... robot, standing next to some sort of metal tower and casting out a light from some sort of projector on his chest. It takes everything in Emilia to stay put, but she turns her phone back on and moves to the camera to take a video.

"I don't know what that is," she said in a whisper, eyes never leaving the robot. "But that's not any CGI, okay?" She turns the camera to face her. "I'm Emilia Witwicky and I'm gonna try not to get killed while finding out who stole my car. God, Sam is going to kill me." She turns her camera off, quickly calling the police.

"911 whats you emergency?" She hears the lady say on the other end.

"Someone stole my car, I need you to track my phone, okay? I don't know where I am right now so I can't really help you. Get here as fast as you can." Before the lady is able to respond, the girl hangs up and puts her phone back in her makeshift pocket.

She pokes out around the corner, slowly creeping forward to check if the coast was clear. There's barking to her right, her eyes landing on two angry dogs. Emilia breaks into a sprint, heading away from the two animals and further into the junkyard. The dogs somehow broke off their chains and were gaining on her, and she wasn't fast enough.

Tires screech and her car comes around the corner, heading straight at her. She moves quickly out of the way, watching the Camaro drive the dogs off rather quickly. But she wasn't off the hook.

The car then turned, beginning to circle around her. She looks around at it, following it with her eyes as she put her hands up in surrender, her heart beating in her chest. What the hell did she get herself into?

"I'll leave!" She yells at whoever is driving the Camaro. "I just wanted my car, okay? You can have it, I'll go home! You want the keys? I have them if you want! Let me-" Sirens went off, signaling that the cops were coming close.  Looking back over at her car, she sees whoever is driving it speed off, allowing her to run towards the police.

Emilia sees the cop car pull up, parking in front of her. Two men get out, though they point their guns at her. "Wait!" She says, her hands up in surrender. "It's not me, the guy you want is in there!"

"Shut it, sweetheart," one of the police say as they move up next to her. "Come on, put your head on the hood."

"What? No, you don't understand, I'm not-"

"Head on the hood!" He repeats, though now much louder. He puts a hand on her back, before pushing her down on the hood of the car, to which she winced in pain a bit. She messed up.