H.O.H: Because You Love Me:27:

Start from the beginning

"This was really bad timing, I don't want you to worry ok? Just don't. Dad is in the hospital. He had a heart attack."

"What? Grandpa?" I asked softly, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, I'm at the hospital now. Marc is with me. He's in the emergency room."

"Is he going to be ok?"

"They won't tell me."

I heard her crying and I swallowed, looking over at Justin ans Hailee from the door way.

"Mom, do you want me to come home?"

"No, don't. Not yet. Please. I said don't worry."

"Mom, of course I'm going to worry."

Justin looked over at me and I had to look away, swallowing again as I blinked.

"Well don't. It's getting late there. I just wanted to let you know. I'll call if they tell me anything else ok?"

"Ok," I nodded. "I love you Mom."

"I love you too."

And with that the line went dead.

"She's all done." Justin said, walking in with Hailee and then looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"Grandpa had a heart attack."

"Is he ok?"

"I don't know. They won't tell Mom. She was crying pretty bad."

"Are you ok?"

"I don't know..." I let out a deep breath, then looked up at Hailee. "It's bath time for you miss."

"Laur, I can do it. You don't have to worry about it."

"Please? It'll help."

"Ok." He said, watching me and handed me Hailee.

"Bath time." I told her and kissed the side of her head as she babbled. "How were your bananas?"

She rested her head against my shoulder as I walked in the bathroom.

I turned on the water, feeling a tear slip down my cheek and kissed the side of her head.

"I love you." I whispered, pulling her back to look at me and pecked her cheek.

I took off her clothes and diaper, checking the water before I sat her in and plastered a smile on my face.

She looked at me and started babbling again as I held her up under her arm and picked up her shampoo.

"What?" I asked her and she reached up, touching my face and I let out a small laugh. "Do you love your mommy Hailee?"

She laughed, splashing a little in the water and I kissed her cheek repeatedly, feeling her smile and touch my other cheek.

"Yes I do." I nodded, answering for her and gave her her bath, trying to focus on that and not anything else.

Then I drained the bath, picking her up in her towel and smiled at her.

"All done. Now we have to get you to bed. I wonder what Daddy's doing."

I made sure she was dry before I put on her diaper, hugging her gently back to me as I ran my fingers through her damp hair.

I laid her down, putting a little lotion on her as she looked up at me. She was trying to talk, but she was no where close.