Chapter 22

Kara's pov:

"Ugh, I can't believe how perfect our house is! I can't believe it's actually ours!" I yell excitedly as we drive through National City looking for something to do.

"I know, I can't wait until we move in and really make it ours. Oh and that pool, oh Rao, I can't wait to see you in there," Lena says and shoots me a cheeky wink.

Wait... she just said Rao.

"Did you just say Rao?" I ask, to make sure that's definitely what I heard.

Lena gives me a wry look and a nervous smile, "If you'd rather I didn't, I won't do it again... it's just I know your God is important to you and you are important to me, I also don't really believe in God but I'd like to support your beliefs and Rao seems like a decent God to believe in so I figured-" 

I cut her off by putting my hand over her mouth, a goofy smile on my face, my heart is beating a million beats a second and I didn't think I could possibly love this woman any more than I already do...

"It's more than fine Lena, it means a lot to me that you are willing to put your beliefs in my God, even if it is just for my benefit. No-one has done that for me before, not even Alex..." I say feeling myself tear up. How did I get so lucky?

"I'd do anything for you Kara..." Lena says sincerely as she looks at me briefly before looking back to the road.

"I know, and I would do the same for you, I-" I'm interrupted by a loud rumbling from my stomach.

"Are you hungry?" Lena asks in amusement.

"Apparently more hungry than I thought I was, can we go to McDonald's?" 

"You're going to make me fat," Lena says in faux annoyance but turns off towards the fast food restaurant with a fond smile anyway.

We order our food and huddle in a corner booth to eat. I think we almost gave the employee taking our order a heart attack with the amount I ordered.

I couldn't decide between the Big Mac, the Crispy Chilli Wrap or the Texas BBQ, so I ordered all 3 of them as 3 large, indivudual meals as well as a side of 20 McNuggets, 2 large drinks and an Oreo McFlurry. Then obviously Lena's double cheeseburger and iced mocha just added to it.

By the time Lena was finished with her chips I had already eaten both of my burgers and their respective fries. It didn't take much longer for us to both be fully done with our meals and just sit sipping at our drinks.

"So it's only been an hour and a half, what did you want to do next?" Lena asks.

"I'm not sure, we could go for a walk through National park?" I suggest. "Maybe we could buy a small loaf of bread and feed it to the ducks on the lake," 

"That sounds nice," Lena says with a dazzling smile as she climbs out from our booth.

The drive to the park takes longer than we both would have liked, apparently lunchtime was a busy time in National City, it ended up taking us almost another hour before arriving, that includes finding a safe parking spot.

I glance at the time of my phone for quite possibly the 100th time. Yup, almost a whole hour, it's 2:15 now and Mike said the latest we would hear from him was 5pm. I can totally keep my impatience at bay for another 2 hours. Totally.