Chapter 26

Lena's pov:

"Okay, so you are confirming that you overheard Mike Mathews say those words?" Alex asks Sam.

Sam came by about 30 minutes after I called and was unshockingly appalled when I explained this mornings findings.

"Yes. It isn't the first time I've heard him use such words, whenever a pretty woman comes in looking for help buying a property he's all over them. The female staff too, including myself, it's disgusting. I can probably get you the names of a few other women from work that could testify or whatever against him too,"

"Really? What ever happened to gentlemen and chivalry... Anyway, that would be great. The more witnesses that give evidence towards Mr Mathews the easier this will be. Thank you for your time Sam, it is much appreciated!" Alex says as she wraps up her quick interview and stands, leading Sam back over to where Kara and I are sitting on the kitchen counters.

"Kara, Lena, I'm going to go find the whereabouts of Mike Mathews. I'll call you as soon as he's in custody, Maggie put a call in with one of her colleagues and already has a nice cell waiting for him,"

"I hope by nice you mean gross and surrounded by strong and angry lesbian women." Kara says as a haughty reply.

It makes me smile, and the images it forms in my head of Mike undoubtedly pissing off a group of angry lesbians whilst being trapped in a cell is one that bring me great joy.

"I can't promise that but the cell is definitely one that usually holds over inebriated drunks and druggies so... Nice," Alex says as she visibly cringes.

"Damn. I'd have brought beer and popcorn for the whole precinct." I deadpan, being deadly serious.

"Well now that is a shame. Right, I'd love to keep this up but I've got to go, speak to you later guys!" The older Danvers says as she turns and jogs out the front door.

Its quiet for a few moments, the three of us once again taking in the damage. It's just such a mess.

"Did we buy brooms and bin bags, love?" I ask solemnly as I run my eyes over the rooms in front of me before looking expectantly at my wife.

"Uh- I think we have a broom and maybe one roll of bin liners..."

"Okay then, a trip to the supermarket it is. Sam, fancy staying to help out? I promise to buy at least 10 bottles of wine and take out later," I ask hopefully.

This place will be cleaned up a lot quicker with an extra set of hands, it's not like Kara can just speed round whilst everyones still tidying up their equipment and analysing things anyway.

"Oooh, 10 bottles of wine and takeout!? How could I ever say no?" Sam says with a laugh. "On a more serious note, I feel like I should help anyway, I mean, Mike's my colleague so in a way I feel partly responsible..."

Kara beats me to a response, "Oh no, Sam this isn't even "partly" your fault. You didn't make him do this and by the sounds of it the guy is just an all around jerk. Don't feel bad for him, trust me Alex will make him feel bad enough once she gets a hold of him, let alone Maggie's precinct. Rao, some of those guys are literally like brothers and sisters to her and there's nothing worse than a protective, angry sibling, I know from experience..."