Brusied

(Dear readers, so sorry for the wait, mor to come i promise.)

“Ice skating? This you’re ‘holy grail save my love life date?’” I said stunned. Currently we were parked in front of Carlos Skating arena. Almost no one was here. It was 9:30 in the morning.

“I thought you would like it.” He was holding my hand giving me the puppy eyes.

“But my bruises…” my cheek was better all that was left on my arm was scabs; most of the bruises were a disgusting yellow.

“Hey,” he put his hand softly on my cheek, “I won’t let you fall.” What he said meant he wouldn’t let me hit the ice, but it sounded like there was so much more meaning behind it.

I kissed him lightly on the lips before getting out of the car. He got out too, “You’re such a tease Ella.”

“Really?” I did what any other girl would do, well maybe. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. The light snowfall around us makes it all the more romantic in my opinion. Unlike the chilly late November air; his lips were warm and solid.

He pulled away and starred deep into my eyes, “No I guess you’re not.” But he wasn’t smiling. Because he knew I wouldn’t last. In a little over a month I’d be gone, possibly forever. I turned around and started walking to the entrance dragging a depressed Ethan behind me.

Once inside he paid for everything. I wish I could but every penny I have is towards my tuition. Ethan took our coats to the coat room and got our ice skates. I was in dark boot cut jeans and his long sleeve Red Skins shirt. The fact that it was his, that I had something of his was comforting. Not to mention but it smelled like him. His smell was practically apart of him, I could be blind and still know who he was. Him and his dark lilac smell. And now I smelled like it too. I sat down, he sat next to me. He sat really, really close. Our sides were pressed against each other’s. Such proximity can do things to my mind, maybe his too. He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes and kept lacing his skates. I laced mine too. Once I was done he helped me up we walked slowly on wobbling feet into the rink area.

“Can’t we just do something else?” I asked nervously.

He smirked, “No, remember this is my ‘holy grail save my love life date.’” He held my forearms and walked back wards onto the ice like a pro. I refused to step on the ice. “Come on, I got you Ella.” His voice was so soft and comforting. I knew I trusted him with every fiber in my being, I just didn’t trust the ice or skates.

“I can’t believe I agreed to this.”

He smiled as he helped me over the 2 inch barrier onto the ice, “You don’t have to, you’re already here.” He began skating backwards, still holding on to my arms, dragging me along with him.

“How are you doing that?” I was amazed.

He shrugged, “Just something I used to do for fun a few years ago.”

That’s when the light bulbs went off.

“You were a figure skater in your early teens!” my mouth was hanging open, my eyes wide with surprise.

He turned all bashful, “A little.”

”You were! Did you wear the tights and suit? All the glitter and dance music?” I was laughing by now.

“No. I took a few classes then I just did the moves I learned for fun I didn’t do contests. He shook his head smiling.

I let go of his arms and drifted away, “Show me what you got?”

His head fell back, his arms cast to his side, “Why? Why me?” he mouthed to the ceiling. He shook his head then skated backwards flawlessly. Followed by a turn. He did one air jump in the middle so that he wouldn’t hit anyone with his skate. He was so adorable. Then I realized, I’m the only person he’s told.