CHAPTER TWO: Tell Me, Is Everything Going to be All right?

LEON'S POV:

LEON'S POV:

A sound of an empty click-- brings my eyes away from the enemy and straight to my handgun. Shit. My back lightly pressed up against the wall keeping me covered, hand grips the handle tightly. Reaching into my gear pocket, I pull out a new magazine-- releasing the empty click and replacing it with the new one. I cock it back and it clicks, ready to be used again. My head looks left and right-- seeing if the enemy has followed me...not yet. I got time to think, to breathe. My hair hangs loosely as I exhale air, pressing my back against the wall to release some tension. 

My right ear picks up the sound of her fingers typing vigorously away on the keyboard. She's panicking. I can hear her quiet voice, mumbling to herself.

Is this too much for her? 

 No. I knew what I was doing when I gave the DSO my approval and suggested this route. Giving her a trial was the best option, I wouldn't want her on the field. Even though she has survival skills, I still wouldn't let her. No matter how hard I try to drive her away from my world...she ends up bringing herself back in. I chuckle in my throat at the thought of her, my head rests against the wall.  My moment of relaxation was cut short, There in the corner of my eye...a shadow. I push away from cover, multiple rounds fire  around me-- close but I was quick enough to jump over to another cover once more. Bullets fly over my head-- my boots slide leaving skid marks behind in the dirt.

(Y/n)- " Leon!" 

(Leon)- " I'm all right" my finger press into my ear piece to reassure her.

(Y/n)-" Hang on-- I'll get you out of there!" hearing her fingers type away again.  

(Leon)- " I'll just think of a happy place in the meantime." What is a happy place? Never got to find one, there was once a place but it ended too soon.  Seeing her smiling and laughing-- the sound of growls break my train of thought. Shit! They found me. No eyes, body the same form as a human-- but crawling like some kind of animal.  Never thought I'd see these things again. It pounces straight forward-- I roll my body-- it missed me and got a face full of dirt. My knees act as brakes-- kneeling and leaning upward. I lift my arm, aiming my handgun to the creature. My finger pulls the trigger.

 One. Two. It shrieks and jumps away--leaving blood splatters behind. I look around if it came alone or brought more of its friends. It was alone, but next time it'll bring more. 

(Y/n)- " Does your happy place serve drinks?" there's her sense of humor, even at a time like this.

(Leon)- " With a fat juicy steak" I say checking my surroundings, making sure my footsteps are silent behind me. 

(Y/n)- " I wish you were there, instead of here--take left up ahead." There was worry in your voice, follow up with a directional guide.  

(Leon)- "I wouldn't go there just yet" my back sticks to close to the wall, keeping myself in the shadows. My finger hovers close to the trigger of my handgun. The smell of the air has changed, it was thick-- I don't like this feeling I'm getting. 

(Y/n)- " What will it take for you to go there?" her voice was soft, yet curious. 

(Leon)- "Heh.." I chuckled in my throat. My wrist alerted me, I raise my left hand to check my watch. I'm running out of time. She probably knows it too. 

(Y/n)- " Uhmm--take another left then a right, from there you should be out of the farming grounds. Go to the elevators, stop at Level 4-- from there take the long routes to Level seven-- they wont know you're there. You should be able to get what you need, in and out." I check the map on my device, there is another way around. It'll take time...but...

(Y/n)- " I know what you're thinking...but trust me on this, I think this is the safest route." Her voice was quiet again. If she thinks this is the best way to get this mission done quicker, than I'm up for it. The faster we get this done....I go back to headquarters and congratulate her on a job well done on her trial run. 

(Leon)- " I trust you" 

(Y/n)- " Thank you. Now hurry, they're catching up right behind you." 

(Leon)-"Got it" I start to pick up the pace, following her directions.Leave the farming grounds, Im getting this overall bad feeling. Reaching up the elevator to get to Level 4, my hand instinctively grip my handgun tightly. I raise it up, prepared once these doors open. My eyes look to the number screen. Four comes and the doors separate open. Nothing but pitch black, I switch my handgun light, seeing nothing but a funnel like light. My steps are slow and quiet. Not even my breathing can be heard. My feet come to a hard sudden stop. My eyes widen and a small gasp escapes my lips. The sounds of growls-- it doesn't sound like just a few of them. No. These sounds like hundreds.