Chapter 26: Justice

A/N: Violence and some scenes may be triggering.

I slipped on the red dress once my makeup and hair was done. It had a deep v in the front and a exposed back. The fabric was gathered, emphasizing my ass in the clingy fabric. The dress pooled around my feet and laid around me. If I wore my heels, the fabric would just graze the floor. My heels were black and red 'New Very Prive' Louboutins that were 120 millimeters high.

 My heels were black and red 'New Very Prive' Louboutins that were 120 millimeters high

I fluffed up my hair one last time, strapped on my weapons, and walked out of my room. I strutted down the stairs and took Luca's offered arm. He kissed my head and whispered in my ear, "You look breathtaking, mia bella."

I smiled up at him and kissed his lips. "Thank you, όμορφος," I whispered back.

Our little intimate bubble was popped by my cousin's voice. "Ready," Marco called out.

I let out a sigh and nodded. We all filed out of the house and into three black Escalades. It felt like only a minute passed when we arrived in front of the Romano Estate. The plan was resting on Luca's father's shoulders. If he can't sell this, our advantage is gone. Earlier, Luca called his father, instructing him to act as if I was dead -his plan, not mine- and to host a gala in memory of me. The local gangs will gather here, including Silver Bullet. After time has passed and they are all drunk, we come in, guns blazing. Not the most solid plan, but better than nothing and what's been created within a twelve-hour period.

It's already one in the morning. Luca slid out and offered his hand to me. With a smile, I took it and we walked up to the doors, hand-in-hand. Luca opened the door and we were bombarded with loud music. In the Family, we don't mourn death, we celebrate the life and the honor.

The clack of our heels echoed throughout the foyer. We pushed open the doors and it was like a record scratched to a stop. Everyone's heads turned towards us and a wave of gasps and murmurs flooded within the crowd.

My blood red lips turned up in a sinister smile when I caught eye of the Silver Bullets. As I walked in, my hair swayed back and forth, revealing some of the scars on my back. An angry Vincent shoved through the crowd and he snarled, "You're supposed to be dead!"

I chuckled and shrugged, "Whoops? Sorry to disappoint." I stuck my bottom lip out in a pout, but my eyes laughed at him. "Would you believe me if I said I rose from the dead just to kill you? You did say the only time you'd die was if I was dead. Well, here I am!"

He snarled at me, "Obviously my connections lied about your death." He turned his glare onto his brother who stood in the surrounding crowd with a smirk.

"Sucks having your back stabbed doesn't it." I walked around with my hands clasped behind my back as I watched him out of the corner of my eye. I waved a hand in dismissal. "Anyways, the whole reason I am here is for my mother and my grandparents. You did admit to killing them, right?" I continued my stroll around the room as I stared him down like a predator. I paused and laughed. "No. You orchestrated it because you would never dirty your hands unless it came down to torturing me or Luca. I have the scars to prove it." I swept my hair over my shoulder, exposing them to everyone.