"I'm lost here."

"You wouldn't be the first."

Lucas just looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Who are you? The more I know the more lost I seem to be."

Audrey smiled at him, wondering how long she could keep him guessing before he gave up. She watched him closely, calculating the exact moment to stop before he would give up. Audrey realized, with Lucas, to find out who he was she had to keep him guessing who she was so he never could stop trying to figure her out. She needed to keep unsettling him to see what slipped through the cracks when he lost it for a second.

"You have to make sense at some point, I guess I'll just have to keep getting to know you to know when that time is." Lucas said.

"Who said that I would ever make sense." Audrey said, smilingly coyly at him.

Lucas laughed again.

"Thanks for the lemonade." she said.

She walked back to the fence, letting herself move with a swing in her hips, knowing Lucas was watching her leave. She took her position back on the fence, watching as James's face took on a look of concentrated determination as he moved towards the ball.

Audrey had fallen on her bed exhausted the night before and had ignored her alarm in the morning as it told her it was time to run. She was fine pushing this run off when her thoughts were bouncing on the outskirts, waiting for their time. A small smile came to her lips as James moved for the shot and his eyes narrowed. Her emotions jumped around, her determination pushing the flutter in her stomach down. She had a job to do and he wasn't part of it, though she felt herself wanting him to be.

James made the shot and shouted with triumph when he got the goal. Audrey clapped with the few people who were paying attention and saw as James looked her way and smiled. She composed her face into a controlled smile. She had a job to do. Audrey heard another pair of clapping hands as they moved next to her. She smiled at Lucas and turned back to the match.

"For an ungraceful person you sure know how to walk with it."

"What can I say, I have my moments and who knows I could have been working extra had for a reason." Audrey said, flashing him another smile.

________________

"How come you know all those models?" Declan asked.

Lucas shrugged.

"I spent a few summers in New York and got to know them through some friends of mine."

Everyone was gathered around the pool circling Lucas as he sat on the edge.

"How come you brought them, I thought having it be just us was better." Liddy said, her voice a little whiny.

"Come on Liddy, you know you're as beautiful as them, if not more." Lucas said, throwing her his charming half smile.

"The man knows how to make a save." Declan laughed.

"Do you not agree with him?" Liddy asked, turning towards Declan.

Audrey smiled as she watched the exchange from the across the pool. Her elbows resting on the pool's edge, keeping her a float. She felt a shift behind her and kept her eyes focused on Lucas as James slipped into the water next to her.

"How come you're not next to your boyfriend?" James said.

"I'm really not going to answer that."

"Though that is an answer in itself. You guys break up?"

"No."

"So you are together?"