Chapter 1 (Ryder)

3 years after Carrie Smith arrived to help the people make peace, the pink necklace broke into two pieces for two special, but different people to find

3 years after Carrie Smith arrived to help the people make peace, the pink necklace broke into two pieces for two special, but different people to find. This story is the point of view of Ryder Charles and Jamie Adams as they go an Journey of a life time.

"Ring! Ring!" I wake up to the sound of my cell phone ringing. I pick it up. "Ryder! Are you prepared for school?" That was my dad the best hockey player in all of New York. Oh sorry, I'm so high I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ryder Adams, I'm going to college today and I'm 18 years old. This is the story of how I saved a special land.

"Yeah Dad, I'm so ready." Really I'm not, last night I went to this girl's pool party last night, I forgot her name it will come to me. "Oh really Ryder, how many beers did you drink last night?" My Dad asked, I counted on my hand, "Brittaney!, oh wait!" I just remembered at that moment the girl's name. "Well, Ryder at lease you remember the girl's house you went, the last time I asked who's house you went to, you answered 10 beers." My Dad replied. "Ryder just get ready for school!" Before I said anything else he hung up the phone.

If you need help disappointing your dad just asked me. I'm not good at school, not that good of a person, I also smoke, drink, and do drugs. The only way I got into college was because of my rich and successful Dad. I'm good at sports but can't play because A-Z with the drugs and drinking. I got out of bed as the beer bottles tumbled out of my bed, I turn to look behind. "Sorry Brittaney gotta go." The girl turned to me, "My name is Tiffany." She got out of bed, "Thanks for inviting me to your party." She started to walk away, "That's Brittaney who threw that party idiot." I turned to her, I Said to myself, "Thanks for sleeping with me."

My dad has been married 5 times the first time was my mom, but she died of cancer. Then, my dad married Linda, then, Martha,Jenna, and Cindy now. I like her, her body is completely made out of plastic. I got my suitcases and carried them to the taxi, I hop in. "Where you want to go?" Asked the driver. "Take me to Lehman College,please!" I say. "I'm going to be a student there." I ramble on, "My Dad is paying for it, woah! I see rainbows." The taxi driver stopped the taxi turned around, "Not getting high in my taxi." He yelled, I got kicked out. As the taxi left I yelled, "I got high last night this is just the side affects." I flip out my phone and called an important person in my life.

"Hey! Tony!" I yelled hopping into his car. My best friend Tony since kindergarten, we are drinking buddies, weed seekers, and joke loving pals. "Yo man you owe me big time, I was scoring good." I smiled, " With a hot chick?" I Said with a grin. "No man my Xbox, dude." I totally forgot Tony's rule, Thursday's are for Xbox and weed time. "Dude you forgot my rule." He said looking at me. "Yeah man, I just forgot I'm so stressed out about this college thing, you know?" He looked at me , "Yeah man! Totally! College man, you're my first friend to go to college." Tony said trying to give me a high five. "Sorry man, I'm in college now I give hand shakes, not high fives." I Said acting professional. We arrived at the Tony helped with my stuff. "Yo dude, see you around?" He asked. "Yo Tony, totally." I hand shake him which turned into a hug. "Love you man!" I said. "Love you too, dude." Tony said, getting into his car.

I walked through the campus, then I realized it's just like high school, except there's no cheerleaders trying to get in my pants or old teachers trying to tell me to get a hair cut. I walk up to a table that said "Check-in" And there was hot girl talking to people. "Hey." I Said in a smooth voice. "Good morning I'm Grace and I'm checking you in, what is your name?" She asked me. "I'm Ryder Charles" she looked on the list, "Okay you are in dorm 23 in building Crown." She then handed me a piece of paper with her number, I have to say girls just give me their number.

I carry my stuff up to my dorm open my door to my room. I look around, "Woah! This place is clean!" I shouted. "Oh goodness me!" I turn around and see this tall, skinny, and the most clean boy I've ever seen. "Hey dude! I'm Ryder." I said getting my head ready to shake, "I'm Martian Greg." He took a tissue then shook my hand. "Okay." I say, he looks at me and the room is silent. "Hey man! Let's go explore." I shout. "Okay, cool man." Martian said in a try to be cool voice. We walked to the court yard and saw hundreds of clubs around to sign up for. "Yo man, I'm going over there." I walk around. There's so many to choose from, I started with theatre, too gay. Then, I moved to Dungeons and Dragons club, too geeky, I move over to poetry club, I look up. "Hey I'm Jamie and this is my friend Lindsay, and welcome to poetry club, we have poetry jam every Tuesday and Friday." I looked up, "I didn't hear anything you just said." Jamie looked at me like she wanted to smack the shit out of me. "Sign up for poetry?" She said like a robot. "Are you making fun of me?" I asked. "Just trying to speak your language." She said with a grin. "You know, I won't it's too annoying." I yelled at her. I just walked away, the first girl to not give me their number, first for everything.