Volume Two Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

Goldie coughs slightly, and spits the blood in her mouth from it into the pipe. "There we go."

"Here at Merlot Industries, we take pride in innovation. Together, with your help... and a little of your special spark, we will build a better tomorrow!"

"For you, Merlot, there won't be any tomorrow to 'restore'." Ozpin says ominously, a notification appears on Rei's eye.

Secret Objective from James Ironwood. Capture/Kill Mission. Locate and capture, dead or alive, Dr. Merlot.

Rei accepts the mission silently, as he walks on with the rest of his team. As they easily dispatch of an Ursa, and with some difficulty defeat another mutated Beowulf. After doing so the team are guided, via blocked off pathways to an elevator.

"That first floor was too quiet. I don't expect that to last long." Oliver mutters

Rei stares at the console trying to figure out a way to get further into the system, but is unable to. "An elevator. This has been all too convenient so far."

"Any clue where this elevator might take us?" Oliver asks Rei who shakes his head.

"I guess we'll see where this takes us." Scarlet shrugs.

Goldie leans against a wall, her complexion now, pale as her eyes have sunken into her a bit. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

When the elevator doors open, Rei and the others ready for combat, only to find yet more empty hallways, before they enter a large room with several large tanks and Grimm attracted to them.

"Here before you are the stage two processing tanks!"

Scarlet looks around. "The Grimm are attracted to those tanks...?"

"The Grimm are clearly attracted to that substance. We've gotta stop whatever's bringing them here." Rei says observing the way the Grimm are trying to get into the tanks.

"Those tanks must be filled with catnip for Grimm." Scarlet says.

Oliver looks around the room, dozens, maybe hundreds of Grimm. "Look at all those Grimm."

Rei sighs. "The Grimm are going crazy over that stuff."

The four swiftly use their long range equipment to destroy the cases and let the toxic mush splatter over the Grimm which causes them to melt into it, only furthering the problem for them. The group then scale the ceiling of the room to the opposite side, and hallway area, before Oliver, under orders shoots a single fire tipped bullet into the goo causing it to explode and destroy the entire room, which is swiftly sealed by Rei behind them.

"Well, no going back that way, Oliver says."

"Not for a while at least." Rei says.

Merlot sighs at the children's antics. "I would appreciate it if you didn't break all my things, but alas, my Androids will rebuild it in no time. This way please."

Oliver glances to the others. "So... we destroyed his stuff and he's not even mad?"

Rei sighs. "Is it just me, or is he a little too welcoming?" The others nod. "Just do what he says."

"Okey, we'll do what you say. But that doesn't mean we trust you." Scarlet says to Merlot through the intercoms she assumes.

Oliver rolls his eyes. "Sure, let's go further into the bad guys' lair, why not?!"

Goldie spits onto the ground. "He's being far too nice."

Rei crosses his arms. "I feel like this is all an elaborate setup."