Chapter 6

(3 Votes for the next Chapter please!)

When Soda, Two-Bit and Steve came back to the house, they did not expect to see what they heard.

Silence.

Soda went into Darry's room to see him passed out beside Cocoa. Quietly, he shook Darry awake.

"Darry? Two-Bit and Steve are here. Two-Bit says he knows what's wrong with Cocoa."

Darry was awake when he heard that and sat up instantly, "Bring him in."

Soda nodded and quietly called Two-Bit into the room.

"Hey," He said softly as he came up to Cocoa. Cocoa had woken up now, and was staring blankly at Two-Bit, her hands unmoving in her lap. Soda felt sick to his stomach, Cocoa had never been able to stop moving, and here she was sitting blank and still.

Two-Bit started to talk, "Who said it, Cocoa? Was it Dally? Or Johnny? Darry?"

Cocoa remained blank.

Two-Bit tried again, "How bout' Soda? Or Steve? Or even me? What about Pony?"

When Pony was mentioned, tears filled Cocoa's eyes, "P-Pony!"

She sobbed tiredly as Two-But pulled her into a hug, "What did Pony-Boy say that put you in shock like that?"

"He r-regrets standing up for me," Cocoa sobbed

"He never thinks," Darry muttered darkly under his breathe.

Cocoa ignored Darry and shook lightly.

"What happened with Ponyboy?" Two-Bit asked quietly.

"I don't know, " she hiccuped, "H-He said that," hiccup,"he regretted sticking up," hiccup," f-for me. He h-hates me!"

Cocoa hiccuped and started to cry again.

Two-Bit rubbed her back until she fell asleep. Darry stayed in the room with the six year old incase she woke up.

Dally was standing by the kitchen table while Soda wrote a letter and handed it to him, "Please give it to him if you see him."

Dally nodded and left the house with his hands in his pockets.

Soda started to cry, "I can't believe this."

"Neither can I," Two-Bit muttered.

(Sorry for it being so short, I'm tight on ideas! Ignore the "3 votes for the next chapter" thing this is too short for that)