Chapter 4

Sunlight trickles though the leaves, and Cocoa blinked tiredly with a yawn. She was about to turn and yell into Darry's ear like she usually did when she realized she was outside, and all the memories from last night returned. She looked at her hands, at the large gash in her right palm, and the small specks of smudged blood on her pajama pants. Only then did Cocoa remember what Ponyboy said, and only then did Cocoa realize what had gone down. She only had one brother now, it seemed, just Darry. She rubbed her eyes and realized she didn't really feel anything, she wasn't sad, or happy or even scared. Cocoa felt nothing.
The front door opened and Cocoa jumped, eyes wide as Soda and Darry ran out of the house.
"Where are they?" Soda asked Darry, his face panic stricken.
"Cocoa wasn't here this morning or last night, but the window was open, so I assumed she went out."
Soda let out a wail, "to the park! she always goes there when you and Pony fight!"
Darry looked back at the house, a pained look on his face, until he saw Cocoa.
"Cocoa!" He cried out in relief. Cocoa stared blankly back at him.
Darry's relief faded as he walked up to his little sister, "Cocoa?"
Cocoa stared blankly at him.
Darry picked up Cocoa and cursed under his breathe, "You'll have to go get Steve or Two-Bit to go with you to look for Ponyboy, she's freezing cold."
Sodapop nodded and took off down the street, but not with out sending one worried glance behind him to the six year old.

(A/N: Really short I know, but it's over the due date and I need to get it out!)