She Will Be Loved.

Start from the beginning

"If you let me explain, I'll get to it." 

"How long has this been going on? Have you kissed Adam before? How could you go behind my back like that?"

"I haven't kissed him!" I spit, "And go behind your back? We weren't even a couple."

"It doesn't matter. You're mine. You're not supposed to go around playing house with other guys!" 

"I didn't have a choice! I did it to keep you safe!" I seethe and shove at his chest when he attempts to grab on to me. "The Purgatory came after me when I ran off from that night of the ball after I refused to kiss Adam. They went after me because Alpha Beckett gave them a lead. He knew they were angry about you killing a pack member. So they chased me and well, you know what happens next."

He is quiet for a mere amount of seconds before he breathes a profanity and slams his fist into the wall. And then again. And again.

He does it until his knuckles become bloody. 

That's when I step in and grasp his shoulder, trying to still his jerky movements. But he simply shrugs me off. I try to ignore the subtle pain that arises in my chest at his action.

"Stop it," I demand feebly, "Liam, stop-"

"I'm going." He declares abruptly. He quickly snatches his leather jacket from above the fireplace and shrugs it on, not even caring that it's still wet.

"What? Where?" I ask as I follow him out the door, into the musky night air. I don't even care when I feel the dirt and leaves sink in between my toes. The only thing I'm concerned about right now is what rash decision Liam is about to make.

 But he doesn't answer.

He shifts into wolf form and takes off. Leaving me behind. 

I'm tempted to run after him and somehow convince him to calm down. To tell him I'm sorry. But I don't think that's particularly smart when Liam is battling his anger. And I certainly don't want to get into the middle of that.

So I decide to let him cool off.  And pray to God he doesn't go attack Alpha Beckett without thinking it through.

Yeah, I want Alpha Beckett gone, but it's too.. well, risky. Everything is at risk right now. Most importantly, our lives.

I know that Liam likes playing fire. He always has, clearly. 

I just hope he doesn't get burned.

                                                                    The next three days are long and agonizing.

The only thing I do is wake up, eat, go to school, eat again, go home, sleep. And though this is just events of my everyday life, it's still weird. Mainly because for those three days, everything is peaceful and quiet.

There is no one to pick a fight with me. No Alpha Beckett. No Adam. No Anna. And no Liam.

They haven't been around much. Anna and Adam maintain their distance. It's only during lunch that we acknowledge each other's existence with chaste glances at one another. We always turn away after and pretend to be incredibly engrossed with our food. That's it.

As for Alpha Beckett and Liam, they are a no show. Alpha Beckett is gone from the pack territory. Mrs. Beckett tells me briefly that her husband has gone away to discuss business with other packs. When she tells me this, I can't help but flinch and wonder if one of those packs Alpha Beckett might be associating with is the Purgatory.

I ponder that thought at night. But I quickly convince myself when imagines of Alpha Beckett and those five men who attacked me pop into my head with a scene of them talking about plotting my death.