Dancing With Danger.

*NOT EDITED*

                                                   There was nothing left to be said after my breakdown. And I was perfectly okay with that. 

After I had told him I needed him, he simply pressed a kiss to my temple and placed me on the bed, tucking me in as if I was some small child that just had a nightmare.

If I would have been acting normally, I would have told him to stop. That I was a big girl and I didn't need to be treated like a child.

I wasn't strong enough to push him away at that moment. It was true what I said. I needed him. And the realization of that was daunting. 

It was all so unfamiliar. The gentle whispers, the comforting touches, and most importantly, the feeling of needing someone. And them needing you.

He sat in the chair next to my bed the whole night. Pressing kisses to my face and gripping my hand tightly in his.

But that was all I really needed to calm down. It was his presence that soothed me into a dreamless slumber. 

I wondered what had happened to my master plan to stop Liam from ever getting close to me. To stop the feelings that were trying to creep up on me when I let my guard down.

But did I ever really believe I could keep him away? We were mates after all. Mates. 

Now that was something I would never get use to.

I still worried about Alpha Beckett. I questioned what he would do if he found out that I had been staying with Liam.

Alpha Beckett had become too unpredictable. Just like my life had.

It's when I wake in the morning that I sit and think about telling Liam. Maybe, we could come up with something to end this madness.

Though I'm sure Liam's plan would be to kill Alpha Beckett.

And it's not like I was against that. I wasn't. I just wanted to be careful. What I should have been that night of the ball.

I can't bare the thought for more than thirty seconds before those faces of the six men appear in my mind.

I can still feel the imprint of the blonde man's - who appeared to be the leader - hands wrapped around my throat as he tried to strangle the life out of me.  

I remember all their words. How they chimed in ideas of how to kill me.

"Why not have some fun with the girl?" One man with black hair whispers sadistically, "I've been dying to cut her pretty little face up."

I shivered involuntarily as the words replay over and over again in my head. I imagined a horrifying scene too. Of the man with hair as black as night, looming over with me with a knife in his hand, slowly bringing it to my face.

I bet he'd laugh while I screamed and cried for mercy. 

I wonder if they're all plotting not only my death right now, but Liam's.

Indeed, Liam had killed Caden, but I was the cause of it. Nonetheless, I was the weaker link and I knew for a fact they wouldn't give up till I was buried six feet under. 

They'd do the cliche thing and capture me, perhaps. Drag me back to their lair and then coax Liam into being heroically stupid. He'd fall perfectly into their grasp.