She Will Be Loved.

Start from the beginning

I know I won't comply to the mating with Adam. I'll end up stupidly disobeying because of my morals. Because I can't be with someone who I don't love. Someone who I can't even look in the eye anymore. 

And when I don't follow orders, Alpha Beckett will kill Liam. Then Anna. And maybe me if he decides I am of no use anymore. But I'm more scared for Liam and Anna's death than I am mine. Mainly because I know Alpha Beckett won't let it be a merciful death. He will make it slow and agonizing. He will make me regret for not obeying his demands to be with Adam. 

Maybe I haven't been protecting Liam and Anna. Maybe I have been setting us up for disaster. 

I suddenly realize I was incredibly stupid for making myself believe that I would actually go along with Alpha Beckett's demands. Or that I could possibly run away.

I couldn't run away. Not when I knew I'd be leaving behind Liam and Anna. I had too many connections here. Too many memories to simply discard. 

The only way I can escape this whole mating with Adam is if I tell Liam. It's worth the risk. Even if it does end up getting us killed. 

So I manage to utter weakly, "Alpha Beckett has been black mailing me to be with Adam."

My statement doesn't do any justice to suppress Liam's budding anger. "Why?" He asks throatily. His eyes flash darkly as he tilts his head at me, examining me like his prey.

"Because he wants me to mate with Adam," I whisper so faintly that it's barely audible. I know he catches it when he presses down harder on my shoulders. It makes me wince.

"What are you talking about?" He says, a growl stirring in his chest that makes his eyes flash again.

I begin to wonder if I've done the right thing by telling Liam this. I'm concerned he will go incredibly ballistic and do something irrational. Like running off into a war zone with my pack and end up getting himself killed.

I'm quickly wrenched from my thoughts when Liam grips my chin roughly and forces me to look him in the eye. "Look at me," He sneers. "And fucking answer me."

"I told you, Alpha Beckett black mailed me so I'd mate with Adam. That's why I was with him."

And that's when he loses it. 

He detaches himself from me and begins crazily ranting about how I could keep this from him, and why, and then he throws in some profanities.

"I just wanted to protect you," I argue at one moment when he declares that I was foolish for keeping this vital source of information from him. 

"Protect me? From what?" He let's out a sinister laugh that makes me flinch. "From Adam? From your stupid Alpha?"

"Yes," I mutter. "If I didn't go along, they would hurt you. Or Anna. Or my dad. Or even me. I had to  take those things into consideration," I pause for a minute, then say, "It was stupid of me, I know. I should have told you the moment after I actually did get hurt from-"

"Wait, what?" He cuts me off. The angry scowl on his face disappears for a minute or two. It's replaced with confusion. "When you actually got hurt? Are you talking about the Purgatory when they attacked you?"

I nod stiffly and suck in a shaky breath, "Yeah. That attack.. It wasn't caused because of you. It was because I didn't go along with the kissing Adam at the-"

Liam - again -  interrupts me when he hears the word 'kiss' and 'Adam' in the same sentence. The angry scowl returns along with a gleam of jealously in his eyes. "Kiss? When the fuck did you almost kiss Adam?"