| chapter three |

' they would forever be her always '

A MOMENT HAD PASSED WHEN THE BUTTERFLY glanced towards the group of scary vampires before looking back at her new found friend

"They're staring at you." Sofia furrowed her eyebrows, confusion swirling in her eyes.

"Who?"

"Them." The blonde turned to look at the Volturi and saw a few of them staring at her with a strange look in their eyes. The twins and the brown-haired man. "Do you know them?"

"No." She shook her head before a hint of determination gleamed in her eyes. "But I plan on finding out." Sofia broke their eye contact before looking back and saw that Edward was there along with Bella, Renesmee and Jacob were walking up to them. Emmett followed and
Sofia looked towards Rosalie to see her nervous and agitated. She then looked back at the butterfly and smiled softly. "You must leave. I do not want you to get hurt." She said softly, and it nodded. It flapped its wing, flying before coming to the blonde and rubbing its head on her cheek. Sofia laughed quietly. It was their way of showing affection.

"Bye."

"Bye." She smiled as she watched it fly away and once it was out of view, she walked up to Rosalie and brought her into a side hug. The older blonde clutched onto her shirt and Sofia rubbed her back, comforting her as they watched her mate with worry filled eyes.

"Ah, young Bella. Immortals become you." The black haired man said, a weird feeling sweeping past Sofia as she watched him look Bella up and down. The head leader of the vampire coven lets out a laugh which shocked Sofia a bit as she looked Taken back. "I hear her strange heart." The beautiful hybrid child walked up to him as he crouched down.

"Hello, Aro." Instead of accepting his extended hand, Renesmee placed hers on his cheek, using her gift to show him her memories.

"Magnifico." He whispers halfway through. After a few seconds, she removed her hand from his face and took a step back.

He stood up straight, eyes glancing back at the innocent blonde before looking back at the other Volturi members as well as their witnesses. "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn, while she was still human." He explained, looking at Bella in awe and shock.

"Impossible," the platinum blonde haired man said which caused the black haired man to narrow his eyes at him, almost like a glare.

"Do you think they have fooled me, brother?"

"Bring the informer forward." They brought Irina forward and Sofia and her sister's tensed up, feeling her fear. "Is that the child you saw?" The man asked, looking at her as she looks down. Sofia took a step forward but was stopped once she felt Rosalie, grab her arm. The blonde hybrid looked back at her friend, who shook her head and mouthed a no.

Sofia's mind and body were on alert along with her power which she knew for a fact that everyone could feel it emit off her. She watched with narrow eyes as the twins stared at her as well as the older brown-haired man. They were watching her like a hawk which was uncomfortable, but at that moment, she didn't care as her top priority was to go for her twin, who was scared. And nobody was supposed to scare her sister, nobody but her.

"I'm not sure." Came her reply as a look of guilt flashed over her face.

"Jane." Sofia rose a brow as confusion passed through her. She wondered why would the blonde male say a name and looking at her sister; she could see a hint of fear in her eyes.

'What was so scary about her?' She thought.

"She's changed. This child is bigger." Irina stated, fear laced in her voice which had Sofia's eyes darken in anger, a dangerous look passing through her eyes.

"Then your allegations were false." Yelled the blonde vampire, anger filling him as his precious time was wasted.

"The Cullen's are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake. I'm sorry." Sofia's eyes widened as one of the Volturi guards set a torch on fire. Irina locked eyes with her twins, whose own eyes were pooling.

Sofia's brown eyes looked as if an ocean had been encased inside of small glass marbles. "Please don't leave me," they said. Then the smooth spheres appeared to be cracked; the ocean had started to leak, little water droplets streamed down Sofia's rosy cheeks.

A single tear slid down from Irina's golden eyes, followed by another one, and another one until a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down her pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been held inside of her for all this time but still she did not make a sound.

At the same time, a girl with deep, brown eyes, let out a heart-wrenching wail, a series of blatant tears followed that. One would ask. Is it better to rack your body with sobs and let the world know of your pain, or to slowly release your emotion within yourself with silent tears?