| chapter nine |

' she loved her eyes when they looked into them '

ALEC VOLTURI AND JANE VOLTURI glanced down towards their innocent mate, who looked relaxed

ALEC VOLTURI AND JANE VOLTURI glanced down towards their innocent mate, who looked relaxed. Small genuine smiles spread across the twins' face as they stared at their peaceful mate. Their smiles, however, left as quickly as they came but they did not go unnoticed. A certain wise blonde caught their affection towards the blonde that laid on the sofa. A sigh escaped his lips, understanding the situation while the rest of the two covens were confused.

"What?" Alice asked, breaking the silence that fell over them like a blanket.

"We came for our mate," Alec repeated, nodding his head over to Sofia. Everyone's eyes widened, and Carlisle nodded at Edward to move. He disagreed. He stayed put, not moving.

"Edward." Sighing, the said man moved and allowed the two to see their beautiful mate who began to wither in pain, small whimpers escaping her mouth as a nightmare embraced her.

"Be careful, she's in pain," Esme warned, having grown fond of the youngest Denali.

"We know." The statement itself confused the two covens more. Alec went up to the blonde, wrapping his cold arms around her and just like that, the pain vanished, and a look of relief and relaxation swept over Sofia's features.

"H-how?" Kate gazed at her younger sister in shock, how did she recover so quickly? The question floated in all of their minds except for Carlisle and Edward.

"They're mates."

"Yeah, we got that," Emmett said, rolling his eyes slightly only to revive a smack over his head by his own mate, Rosalie.

"Behave." She scolded, glaring at him because she too grew fond of the blonde; in fact, they all did. There was something about Sofia that made everyone around her love her even if they just met. She was kind and innocent, something that's rare in the world nowadays. 

"As I was saying, the bond she shares with her mates reacted because she wasn't with them," Carlisle explained thoroughly, motioning to the three of them. Alec clutched onto Sofia, sparks igniting within him as warmth spread in his cold body.

"Oh, yeah! I've heard of that." Garret exclaimed, his arm wrapped around Kate's waist. "But why did she react so badly?" He wondered for he had heard about a mate not being with his or her mate for a long time, but they never reacted severely. It was only supposed to be a burning kind of pain, not the kind he witnessed. 

"That's because her bond is split into five."

"Five?!" Genuine shock and surprise covered the faces of the vampires and one hybrid. They all gazed at the older Cullen with puzzled looks.

"What do you mean by five?!" Exclaimed Kate, her protective nature coming forward and showing. Being the second eldest out of the used to be four Denali sister's, she was one of the most protective. She watched over all of them at all times.

"He means that our beloved has three other mates," Alec answered as he gazed at his mate lovingly.

"Who?!"

"Master Aro, Caius and Marcus."

And just like that, the game had changed.