Chapter 3: Late Bloomer

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!" Lance replied, "You can show me anything- Well, as long as its not terrifying"
"Come with me then, I really think you'll like this." He let himself smile a tiny bit as he walked to the stairs. Following Keith to the stairs, Lance was excited to see what he had to show him. Keith lead Lance up the stairs to the roof. Normally it was locked but Keith hand picked it with a paperclip that he had in his pocket. "This is my favorite place so far" Going on top of the roof top, Lance was certainly surprised at the beautiful sight ahead...He had NEVER seen so many stars before. "Keith...." The sight ahead was breathtakingly beautiful, he was so happy Keith had decided to share this with him. "Look!! the moon is out tonight! Amazing!!" Keith smiled a bit and sat one the edge with his legs hanging off a little, "Yeah.. Its really nice, I spend a lot of time here..." He laid back with his legs still over the edge just looking up into the sky, "Its been a while since I was last up here actually." Sitting down next to Keith, Lance rested his head on Keith's shoulder as he continued to watch the stars. "I see....So, next time If I don't see you in class I know where to look" He replied, laughing. Keith blushed a bit flinching at the contact but quickly relaxing. "Heh.. Yeah, if I'm not here I'd be in the library. I actually really like to read"

"Really? I never would had thought...I go to the library too, although, I use that time to take a quick nap." Keirh chuckled quietly, "I know- I see you asleep in the back every now and then. Hope you know you talk in your sleep" Keith actually found that really cute and loved to try and talk to him while he was asleep before he'd wake back up. "I-I do NOT talk in my sleep Keith! Wait- Do I? W-What do I say? How loud do I talk??" How embarrassing! He couldn't believe this! Lucky it was night time because Lance was blushing so hard right now so at least the dark covered his blush for the most part. He smiled at Lances reaction. "It's different each time but usually you're arguing with someone, in Spanish I think? Its kind of funny. You're not too loud though, just mumbling angrily heheh... Once, you had mentioned something about a crush? It was probably that girl I guess.."

         It was probably the memory of Lance arguing with his father. When ever the two get mad at each other they would always argue in Spanish. "Yeah, that seems about right...Before coming out here and living on my own I had a nasty fight with my Dad."

"Oh.. Sorry to hear" Though the fighting was probably bad he was kinda of glad he found out. "Say, tell me about your family? I-If that's ok to ask?"

"I don't mind." He replied, "I have a big family. My mom is a sweetheart who always spoils me whenever I'm home. An older sister and brother and another younger brother.. We fight at times but love each other at the end of the day. My Dad is a.. Well... Hes not as open minded as I want him too be. He is really old school on things."

        Keith nodded a little not moving too much with Lance still leaning on him. "Must be nice huh? ..At times I'd give anything for even one parent back" Frowning, Lance wonderd if he should invite Keith over one of these day. "Maybe we can have a sleepover sometime? If you're up too it.."

"I um.. Sure." He wasn't the best around people but it might be a nice change from being alone almost all of the time. "My place isn't very fun but you're welcome to visit any time"

"Really!?" Lance eyes lit up from excitement to hear that, he felt lonely and out of place since he moved. "Do you like sleep in a coffin? Do you even have windows at your house?" Keith couldn't help but laugh at Lances questions, "No, I don't sleep in a coffin Lance, And there's two or three windows I think? But the view of the sun set is awesome- Most of the day I keep the curtains closed though" Snuggling into Keith more, Lance continued to watch the stars before he had to head back to class. Keith was so interesting and it was nice getting to know him a bit. Keith smiled a little, he wanted to hold Lance.. He wanted to wrap his arms around him and just lay there all night. But he couldn't. He sat up and let out a little sigh, "You um.. You should get to class" After saying that he got up heading back in, almost rushing.. He shouldn't let hself get to close..

         Arriving at his next class, Lance sat in the back row... He was hoping there wasn't any big assignments today. Finishing his work, the teacher announce there will be an overnight school field trip happening tomorrow. Lance felt kinda ill all of a sudden... Staying in this class room alone was bad enough!

         Keith was walking the track, thankfully trees happened to cover most of the track in shade since the sun was barely coming up now. Though he was better at being in the sun then most vampires he preferred the shade. He skipped most of his classes despite having close to perfect grades. After a while he sat near the school under a tree, just looking at the other students who had come out for gym. Not that he didn't like people, he just wasn't sure how to be friendly.. He was only good at pushing people away and maybe that was for the better. Unnecessary attachment would leave him weak.

         Putting his books away into his backpack, Lance hurried up and got to his next class...He wondered if Keith was going to be on the trip as well and if it was even worth going. Perhaps he could talk Keith into rooming with him so he won't get stuck being someone's midnight snack. Keith wandered into class and took a seat despite the class being almost over. Not like he cared. He glanced at Lance for a second then back to the window. If he didn't want to stay by Lance to protect him he'd just go home already. Soon the last class was over and Lance could finally could go home....He saw Keith and ran to catch up with him. "Keith!" Going over to Keith's side, Lance brought up the school trip. "Are you going? I-I wanted to ask you something if you are..." He shrugged, "If you go I'll probably have to make sure you don't die so yeah, what did you want to ask?" Lance felt kinda bad for asking Keith to go on this trip...Unlike him Lance needed the extra credit. "Yes, I was hoping you and I could rent a room together too. I'm so sorry if I'm inconveniencing you. I-I can make it up to you though, let me take you out to the club after we get done touring the Museum." He raised an eyebrow, "Club?" He rolled his eyes, "I don't mind sharing a room or bed or whatever it is you had in mind, but I'm not a fan of people. Too crowed and loud. We could just go get shitfaced at my place when we get back"

         Of course Keith would say something like that, However Lance wasn't backing down, "Come on! They have a bunch of gay single guys out at the club....I KNOW! I could help you out! You know your face isn't half bad actually it's kinda cute. Oh! I can bring some clothes for you to wear too! You would totally look hot in a leather jacket!" Keith sighed, "I'm not looking for some one night stand or some slutty twink with who knows what diseases." In truth he'd love to get laid, but he really only wanted Lance. Lance nodded and he perfectly understood why Keith didn't want to do that... Besides the guy deserved to be with some one long-term and could treat him well. "Well, How about me? I could be your date for one night!" He was so tired of working in the day and attending school at night. Since he moved it was all work and no play. "Afterwords I'll let you take me back to your hotel room and we can cuddle all night long~ Hmm Yes, no, maybe so?" He answered, giggling at the last part. Keith blushed a little at the thought. "I- .." He sighed, he knew Lance probably wouldn't give up anyway. "Fine. But you have to go somewhere with me then got it?"

"Yay!" Lance squealed in excitement, happy he got his way. "Sure, I'll go anywhere you want." Keith refrained from laughing, "When's the trip and where are we going?"

"It's tomorrow, We'll be touring a museum." Lance replied, continuing to walk by Keith side
He nodded. "Oh great... Well the sooner we go the sooner it'll be over"

"It be fine" Lance smiled at him, "Hey do want to come over? I can order pizza for us to eat."
He thought for a second. "..Only for a little ok" He did want to see what Lances place looked like, and could always spend more time alone with him..