Chapter 1: First Meetings

The guileless tint to her eyes would forever be her enamoring quality; the point of her that no man could resist without proper effort and affect. The quality of her being was truly something to wonder in awe at. What with the complex composition of both her outward and inward beauty along with the vast caverns and peaks her mind could lead a bystander through, a diamond in the rough was nothing but a pebble in her presence.

" You a damn fool for this." Kaline looked up at the only woman he'd ever loved as she pulled on her knee high boots and walked over to the floor length mirror to admire her frame in the plain clothes she'd dubbed divine.

" You and I both know a fool is one thing I never have, and never will, be." Cleopatra Jordon smoothed down her edges and pulled her fingers through the natural curls in her hair to elongate them to an appropriate length. She only turned toward Kaline once she was wholly satisfied with her appearance, and even then she drew on a face of impassiveness to greet him.

" The man is a no good fool, and you have no reason to go see him."

" That no good fool is your father Kaline. Now whether you like it or not I'm going, so buck the fuck up and swallow your pride." Kaline was throwing her looks of muted fury but she knew he wouldn't be able to hold that anger towards her. The only emotion he could ever hold towards her was love, and even now looking into his angered face and malice ridden eyes she could see the outpouring of such spilling over.

" Watch that shit Cleo." Kaline stood up from his place on the bed and walked towards her.

" You take me out of my character way too often for my liking these days Kal." Cleopatra didn't usually curse; she didn't need to. Her demeanor and strong diction alone was often enough to garner the results she wanted or convey the emotion she was feeling, but on rare occasions such as these, she found her good nature forgotten momentarily and quickly replaced with words that bit at ankles and quipped at sides.

" You act like I'm not the one you've agreed to spend your life with. I don't say what I say to knock anything your doing baby, I just want you to realize that your putting yourself through unnecessary heartache. Take it from the man he was supposed to raise Cleo, that sperm donor of mines is nothing you should worry your pretty little head about." Cleo looked from Kaline's eyes to the beautiful ring on her finger and back again. There was no doubt in her mind that everything he was saying was true, but she simply needed to find out for herself. Though she believed herself to be open minded and willing to compromise, it was also very clear that she blatantly lied to herself on the regular. She was as stubborn as they came, and the man who knew her best loved this quality about her most.

" Give me this one baby." Cleo spread the soft blush petals of her lips into an intoxicating smile and batted her lashes in a doe eyed innocent fashion.

" And what you gon give me?" Kaline positioned his arms on the bureau Cleo was now backed against and brought his body haltingly close to hers. The game she was playing with the features of her face were now recognizable ruses to him, but he would forever play none the wiser just to witness his most prized possession in play.

" Anything you want Mr. Lavelle." Cleo cooed into Kaline's ear as she pressed her body up against his own. She could feel his imprint on her thigh and smiled devilishly as she thought about the sexual chemistry that had always crackled and popped between them. Though she knew his whole plan was to stop her from going to see his father entirely she had his whole game plan chopped and screwed in her head. She would give him this little detour for his own piece of mind and her own equally pure and carnal love for Kaline, but after that she was out.