𝟣𝟩 𝖬𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁 𝟤𝟢𝟦𝟢

"Would you look at that? The plastic prick is here all on his own, without the Lieutenant for once!"

The first words Connor heard every morning were always some form of dehumanization from Detective Gavin Reed. Usually, Hank would protect him and yell at Gavin to fuck off, but Hank wasn't on time this morning. Connor figured that Hank had been out drinking the night before, and he wouldn't be seeing the Lieutenant until lunch time. He chose to ignore Gavin's taunts and walked straight to his desk, his hands firm at his sides as he took a seat across from Hank's empty desk. With none of the usual files on his desk for him to look over, Connor was forced to sit and look around the office. He examined the same old "I Heart Detroit" coffee cup on Officer Turner's desk, the same Sumo hairs on the back of Hank's chair, and the same "DO NOT ENTER" logo on Captain Fowler's office door.

As he examined the office, a slight smile curved on the corners of his mouth. As much as everyone in the Department disagreed with Connor's employment in the deparment, he deeply enjoyed coming into work every morning. After giving the office another scan, Connor realized there was someone in the Captain's office who he didn't recognize. He attempted to get a read on the stranger's face, but couldn't manage to get a decent image of him. With a sigh, he decided to wait until Captain Fowler was done speaking, then he would be able to determine who the guest was.

"Connor!" The android was snapped out of his focus on Captain Fowler's visitor by the sound of a familiar, drowsy voice shouting at him across the office. Connor stood up from his desk and made his way to the voice, being greeted by Hank at the front desk.

"Connor," He slurred, the smell of whisky and cigarettes heavy on Hank's breath. "I forgot my badge and they won't let me in, could you help me out?" Hank motioned towards the desk attendant, who was a recent addition to the team. The security at the station had increased over the past year, following an attempted attack on Connor due to his employment at the office. If an officer didn't have their badge, they weren't allowed past the front desk. This wasn't the first time that Hank had "forgotten" his badge, so Connor narrowed his eyes towards Hank, analyzing his current state. His BAC was .09, there was still dribbles of his last drink in his beard, and his heart was beating at an arrhythmic pace. It was clear that Hank was in no condition to work.

"Hank," Connor asked, stepping out from behind the front desk and next to his partner, tilting his head slightly to the side. "Did you drive here?" He was worried that Hank had endangered himself and others by getting behind a wheel, and was hoping Hank would give the response Connor was hoping for.

"Of course I drove myself here!" Hank raised in reply. Connor placed a hand on Hank's back in attempt to calm him, only for Hank to throw his arm backwards, trying to get Connor off of him. "How else would I have gotten here, asshole?"

"Your blood alcohol content is too high for you to be driving, Lieutenant." Connor remarked. He noticed Captain Fowler's office door open out of the corner of his eye, and the curiosity of the identity of the visitor got the best of him. "Let me call you a taxi, okay?" Connor led Hank to sit on a bench near the door and Hank took a seat, too drunk to argue. Before Hank could even  mumble an agreement to Connor's suggestion, the android was already heading back to his desk, where Captain Fowler was making an announcement with his guest.

"Attention, team!" The Captain yelled across the office to get the attention of everyone as Connor took a seat back at his desk. Fowler placed a firm hand on the shoulder of the new recruit, giving him a slight shake. "This is Detective Gray Parker from Boston. He's just recently moved to Detroit and will be joining our department. Be sure to give him a warm welcome!" The few officers who were still in the room mumbled a group hello to the new detective, who wandered over to an empty desk across the aisle from Connor. Connor stared ahead at his monitor for a few measly seconds before turning in his chair, facing Detective Parker.

"Hello." Connor spoke. There was no inflection in his voice, and Detective Parker turned to look at Connor, stiff as well. "My name is Connor. It's very nice to meet you, Detective." He gave a half smile that curled at one corner of his mouth, causing Detective Parker to furrow his eyebrows.

"Hey." The detective spoke, trailing off at the end of his greeting. "It's nice to meet you as well, Connor." His eyes were visibly drawn to the flashing yellow LED on Connor's temple, and the android dropped his smile in response. "You're an android?" Gray asked, one of his eyebrows perking from their furrowed state.

"I am." Connor replied. He gauged Detective Parker's response to his answer, which was the simple act of leaning his elbows forward on his knees. It was then that Connor decided that the detective was interested, so he continued. "I'm an RK800 Prototype Model, made to assist officers in their work."

"So you're made just for cops?" Detective Parker pushed his chair on it's wheels to sit across Connor's desk, leaning on the desk on his forearms. "Like, you're always on our side?"

"Of course I am." Connor's eyebrows knit together. He wasn't exactly sure how to respond to the detective's inquiry.

"Great. I'm happy to have you on my side, Connor." Gray shot Connor a wink before pushing himself back to his desk, leaving Connor staring at him with his lips slightly parted in shock.

Connor found himself overwhelmed for a second or two. All the detective did was wink at him and he was... feeling? That's never a good sign.