➢Doppleganger

Quiescent. I breathed the midnight air as I walked on the promenade of snow. The white flurries gathered in clumps on the ground, covering cars, plants, and buildings. Like little white fireworks cascading through the air and to the figures on the streets. Street lamp posts lot up the way like a runway for fashionistas. The crunch of the snow beneath me felt like I was crushing pillow fluff. It felt cold. I, myself, was cold. My inner self-was not human or normal.

I sighed and hugged my chest as I shivered. I was lost. I was scared. I closed my eyes and listened to the quiescent street. Where is Connor? How am I supposed to find him?

"I didn't do anything! Please let me go!"

An Android calling out, telling all that he is human, and begging to live. Shouting from a distance, wise words, and a courageous speaker. I walked towards the voice. The voice was speaking of the rights of Androids. Freedom. I looked behind me and saw soldiers. Black suits and armor, guns, bulletproof vests, and helmets. They aimed their guns at me and adjusted their trigger. I instantly reacted by darting off. Bullets fired and I leaped out of the way. A stray bullet caught my arm and left leg. I sensed it but kept running.

"Hey! Come back here!"

They were catching up, but I paid no heed to them. I needed to leave. I need to find this 'Connor.' Upon the falling snow, I saw a man in the distance. He was in front of dozens of Androids. Thousands of white uniforms marching across the snow, waiting for victory.

A fluorescent glow flashed in my eye. My eyes searched for the object and my answer was found at the top of a building. An unrecognizable figure was holding a sniper rifle, aimed at a man. The man who is fighting for freedom. I grunted and ran down an alleyway to find a ladder or some way to get on that building. I had to stop him.

I couldn't feel it, but I sensed a tenacious impact from behind. I stumbled into the blanket of snow and clutched my abdomen. I lifted my head up and inspected the entrance of the alley. Nothing. I saw nothing. Perhaps, it was a stray bullet like the ones before. No bullets can stop me from saving the man who will fight for us.

I grunted once more and ambulated to the tail of the building. Thirium exuded from my upper arm and onto the powder white snow. I inspected the area for a ladder and discovered one. I trudged towards it and positioned my hands on the oxidized beams. I grasped the bars firmly and pushed my self up with all the brawniness I had in me.

I finally ascended the ladder and onto the rooftop. I scrutinized at the armed man and lifted myself off the ladder. Soft, gentle steps touched the bland snow and made crunching sounds. The roof had a few damaged cardboard boxes and rusty-old pipes. As if nature were on her side, the steps she took were silenced as she advanced towards the man with a loaded persuader. Scanning the man for any other source of weaponry, released a shocking reveal, he's an Android. A familiar, yet unrecognizable, Android.

He clicked the gun and adjusted his head. I countered my fighting order and scanned my surroundings for any sort of defense. With less experience in fighting, I predicted a twenty-three percent chance of my victory.

"Hey!"

I vociferated at him and he revolved his head towards me. Auburn eyes that coruscate with the light of the moon, chestnut quills from his scalp flowed smoothly, and the Android's cerulean attire.

"Model HAI 001, I have been informed of your making and destruction."

--------------------
||
ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ!